RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, still here fighting this dam car. Managed to jump pins on the eas connector and pump the suspension up and get it level So I can keep using it!

i have EAS can bus error stored in the ABS Ecu. the vehicle has had that since I bought it. No signs of water ingress under passenger feet or in both a pillars.

I can not communicate with the EAS or SRS.

I recentyl did the rear pads. Managed to break the wire and didn’t have time to replace it straight away, upon starting the vehicle I had the obvious pad warning light on but I also had the air bag light on.

Now I replaced the pad wire and the pad light went out but the airbag light stays on!

im getting rather frustrated with it to say the least. I’ve put a different BCM in and my memory seat function now works.

any ideas people? Would love it if someone was local to me in Wisbech and I could try my EAS ecu in their car to see if it has an issue or any codes stored.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Were you able to scan the entire vehicle for faults and not just the abs? A can bus fault could stem from not only the eas but also from other systems. The eas communicates on that same can bus line that the other systems use as well so a fault somewhere can and will lead to the eas refusing to work properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The medium speed can bus runs from the obd port up to the IPC. Any ECU acting up can trigger errors on other ECUs on that bus. There are tons of grounds in the driver’s rocker panel for the EAS computer and others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you able to scan the entire vehicle for faults and not just the abs? A can bus fault could stem from not only the eas but also from other systems. The eas communicates on that same can bus line that the other systems use as well so a fault somewhere can and will lead to the eas refusing to work properly.
with my snap on verus I could scan the abs, engine, auto transmission, transferbox, parking sensors possibly something else but would have to check. I can’t see all of the ECU,s with the snap on versus. I did get it checked at an independent too who uses autologic and he couldn’t access those two either. I’ve tried unplugging various ECUs with no success. It’s jus confusing why the airbag light illuminated with a broken pad wire!!!

forgot to add, I do when driving get the trans fail safe come up. Will only appear for a few seconds and go again with normal driving continuing. The error codes are instr lost from can I think 1 & 2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The medium speed can bus runs from the obd port up to the IPC. Any ECU acting up can trigger errors on other ECUs on that bus. There are tons of grounds in the driver’s rocker panel for the EAS computer and others.
will have a look at the earths.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you’re still battling this, I would recommend getting a foxwell nt510 or 520 from amazon. It’ll run less than $200, probably available same/next day, and is fully compatible with all computers on my RRS.

My RRS was experiencing a **** ton of canbus errors, lost comm errors, implausible data, the list goes on. I think my best scan was 41 codes from 20 computers.
In my case, the primary factor was a bad IPC. I fitted a used $80 cluster from eBay and flashed it with my nanocom and now I’m down to a measly c1a13-64 reservoir valve code.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Before you spend any more money try one thing: disconnect your Steering Angle Sensor (SAS), located at the bottom of the upper steering column near the brake pedal...and then try to connect to your EAS and other modules. The SAS is the #1 leading cause of K Bus communication failure. And those SAS units (BMW manufactured) do not last very long. I went through two genuine brand new BMW units in 5 years of ownership of Rover 1. My wife and I have now perfected the art of changing SAS units and can do it in about an hour.

Disconnect the SAS, clear all your module errors, then reconnect SAS and calibrate the steering doing to the full turn right and left, lock-to-lock. Let us know if that fixes it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts