RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a good day. I replaced my seal on my compressor, and my EAS was working really well.
Today, I decided to replace the desiccant in the air dryer. I removed the dryer, and had to remove the top with a strap wrench.
Poured out the old stuff, in with the new stuff. All is well.
Until I try to change my ride height.
Nothing. Then driving home, I get my first "EAS fault".

I made it home, and figured I'd try rebuilding the valve block.
Jumpered 1,9,10,11,26,27,38 and the car lowers, I hear a hissing from the lid of the dryer.

So I pulled out the dryer, and sure enough, the orange seal is in two pieces. I must have pulled it in half twisting the lid back on.

Anyone know where I can get a new seal for it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying some silicone gasket maker on it. Probably won't ever come apart again, but hopefully it will be air tight.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The silicone sealer seems to be holding fine on my Air Dryer lid.
My EAS system is responsive again.
I ended up hacking apart an old serial cable, jamming the appropriate wires into my OBD port, and using the EAS reset software that is floating around out there to clear my EAS fault. Quite an educational few days.
I'm probably going to hold off on the valve block rebuild, as everything seems to be working and I don't want to tempt fate. :)

On a side note, just had the dealership perform my 90K service today, too. My rover is running like a top. Happy day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts