RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
Does someone have experience with the attached EAS Tester ?
http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=158:range-rover-p38a-eas-buddy-v3-usb&catid=44:p38a-eas-diag-videos&Itemid=67

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have a Buddy Box but not the V3 version. Mine doesn't have the USB connection and fault storage. But it does work perfectly and as advertised. I feel that this tool and a manual inflation system should be with every P38.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Yep, I have a few of them, plus a few EAS Kickers and Kicker Lites.

The standout feature of the EAS Buddy V3 USB is its ability to not only clear the EAS fault like the EAS Kicker Lite does, but the Buddy will store the fault codes for later retrieval via a USB connection to your PC.

Of course the EAS Kicker (not Lite) will show you the fault code on its little LCD screen before you clear it.

They are all good products and priced according to features...
cheapest = EAS Kicker Lite (clears only)
middle = ES Buddy V3 USB (clears and records)
dearest = EAS Kicker with EKU01 upgrade (reads, clears, and adjust heights)
... and then of course the FaultMate MSV-2 but it does a lot more than clear EAS faults.

Any one of these would be a handy tool to keep on board for those "o crap" moments 8-0=

Cheers, Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
EAS Buddy is the best - so simple your Grandma could use it.. It's just like 'plugging the kettle in'.

I've even used my EAS Buddy (for the couple of seconds it takes) when other people were in the car and before they even realised anything was wrong. All of the other units are not as easy to use as the EAS Buddy.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
paul.adshead said:
EAS Buddy is the best - so simple your Grandma could use it.. It's just like 'plugging the kettle in'.

I've even used my EAS Buddy (for the couple of seconds it takes) when other people were in the car and before they even realised anything was wrong. All of the other units are not as easy to use as the EAS Buddy.

Three cheers on this one, the EAS Buddy rocks every time.

As you say customers are baffled that the fault has been cleared, in fact after every EAS repair I do I plug the buddy in to make sure every code is cleared, I find the software useful to read faults, calibrate etc but final clearing top awards goes to the buddy.... :thumb:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
145 Posts
what is the difference between using eas buddy and easunlock suite
what i mean is does the Buddy do more while resetting(recording) the EAS computer than the easunlock suite.
so i know whay wold i pend $200 bucks on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts