Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Melbourne Australia

My 2002 P38 seems to have developed a blockage in the EAS system. The bottom air inlet to the EAS dryer unit blew out; it's as if the outlet is blocked somewhere, causing so much pressure that the pipe fitting blew off. I took the dryer apart and all the white balls are clean and dry so it's not the dryer. Perhaps it's a stuck valve in the valve block? Something is blocking the air where it exits from the dryer. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
uhmm... your blockage would be in the line, not the valve block, if the line is blowing off. If there were blockage in the vlave block no air would be making it to the line to blow it off. OR.... your collet is worn and unable to hold the line in place.

If you really feel you have blockage in your valve block, disassemble it and clear the blockage.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Push it back in and give it a sharp tug, that will tell you if the collet has worn, you have to remember these systems have a fair whack of pressure in them, might be an idea to change the o rings in the drier at the same time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah. Thanks.

Here's the sequence of events:

Loudish 'pop' one day. Perceptive 13 year old son asked if that was one of the airbags going bang. I thought it was external to the car and thought little of it even though it had lodged somewhere in the back of my brain.

Over the next week the car lowered to the bump stops. I took the compressor out and checked the flow which seemed pretty weak. Ordered a rebuild kit from XLR8 in the UK.

Rebuilt the compressor and reassembled it all then heard the leak at the bottom of the dryer. The collet AND the brass ring pushed into the plastic housing had blown out. I glued it back in with cyano and melted the plastic case over the brass ring. So far it's holding but I'll get hold of an original dryer (I had already replaced the dryer as the dessicant had rotted but it seems that the original dryers are better quality than the one I had already replaced).

Thanks for the help

Tom

·
Registered
938 Posts
for test purposes only, you can bypass the drier with a single piece of 8mm airline. Just fit as a loop in & out or the valve block. Don't run the system like this for long, or you will have moist air in the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts