Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having difficulty getting my system up to full pressure. I have a new compressor, recently rebuilt EAS valve block (all new o-rings) with new diaphragm, new blue air line, and new o-rings throughout the entire system. I placed an air gauge inline to the air tank and I am reaching 95 pounds of pressure max. This keeping my compressor running at length. I have checked for leaks with the airlines and all is secure. What else should i check? Could the diaphragm solenoid be in need of replacement? Other than not getting to full pressure, the system is working very well. I look forward to all suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
With a new compressor you have a leak somewhere if the compressor runs for more than eight minutes.

Have you checked the tank for leaks with soapy water. It's rare but they do rust.

I would disconnect the battery over night to check for a dropping corner which will tell you where there may be a leak.

Have you cut an eight inch off each air line and chamfered with a pencil sharpener?

Finally, you wouldn't be the first person to have a leak in the valve block after resealing. Don't ask how I know.

Good luck finding the leak.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input! No leaks at the corners, no leaks at the tank due to rust or bad o-rings. I will cut/chamfer the lines to see if that helps (given the pressure, I would think I would hear a bit of a hiss). If my valve block is leaking, how to I address that problem?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If at first you don't succeed....

If you can find which corner is leaking you might get away with resealing only that solenoid.

Try letting the vehicle sit over night with the battery disconnected

Good luck.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am having difficulty getting my system up to full pressure. I have a new compressor, recently rebuilt EAS valve block (all new o-rings) with new diaphragm, new blue air line, and new o-rings throughout the entire system. I placed an air gauge inline to the air tank and I am reaching 95 pounds of pressure max. This keeping my compressor running at length.
Does "compressor running at length" equate to "continuous compressor operation"? If yes, then it would be wise to investigate if the air compressor relay (relay 20) and the pressure switch are fully functional. More info available here.

When replacing O-rings and installing my MARS lines I did not chamfer my tubing - only made a clean 90deg cut + new O-rings with a tiny amount of silicone grease to lube them. It is also worth your time to go back to every hose connection just to make sure they are 100% seated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts