RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to diagnose a error code "Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery."

2012 L322 Range Rover SC - AMK Compressor

The issue is intermittent and causes a suspension fault while driving. It corrects itself sometimes but mostly requires the car to be turned off and back on. The error comes up as soon as I hear the pump vent air from the EAS compressor. I hear the air come out from the exhaust valve and then the error is displayed on the dash. The pump works fine to keep the car leveled and turns on when needed. It's when the pump is done and the car releases air that the error is displayed.

My initial diagnosis is that some sensor is not registering the pressure decrease when air is released. The diagnosis from the dealer is that the EAS compressor needs to be replaced.

Opened up the EAS and found two possible sensors and looking for some help on what should I try replacing first.

Below is the first sensor link and its located right where all the air lines come from the other venting galleries and air cylinder.

QUESTION:
What is the second sensor below the chamber that holds the decedent? pictures attached. Is this something that I should consider replacing as well?
Should I try replacing the pressure sensor first with the link above or both to see if it resolves the issue before I look into replacing the EAS?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Don't think its your sensor, as that same sensor controls when the compressor starts and stops. Its probably your vent line or exhaust valve on the compressor. Exhaust air passes back thru the compressor dryer container holding the desiccant, then thru an exhaust silencer (a can on the side of the compressor) and out thru the pilot operated vent valve on the compressor. Could be the desiccant is expended and has swollen up by absorbing moisture and is partially obstructing the vent. The exhaust air is supposed to dry the desiccant out as it passes back thru the dryer container but sometimes theres enough moisture in there to partially obstruct the air flow, since the desiccant expands as it absorbs moisture.

Has anyone ever worked on or removed the compressor or disconnected any of the lines to the reservoir, or front and rear valve blocks before this issue started?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts