RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I'm a bit confused about air springs, in threads i've read on the forum you guys talk about replaceing just the rubber part of the spring, but the manual says on no account try to pull the unit apart, and all the sites I've tryed for new air springs show the complete unit, so may be the air springs were never ment to serviced in the way you discribe and may be that is why you find you vehicle on the bump stops in the morning, has anyone tried "Britpart air springs" and what was the result. Best regards sillyboy

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not 100% certain but I think it depends on the make of spring if you can just change just the Bellows, i.e. Arnott you can Dunlop etc. You can't. Would never use any S**tpart spare parts made in ummie gooley land from recyled carrier bags and baked bean tins.
Try Island 4x4 for oem (Dunlop) springs, excellent service and competitive prices.

Cheers

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
You can buy just the bag section loose but not worth the hassle, ideal as spares when going on a trip cos you can place them in the spare wheel as mmmm spares.

Installing new complete units is alot less hassles

Britpart air bellows are non branded (Cheap and nasty) where as Bearmach and europarts are Dunlop.

I refuse to install non branded parts, learnt my lesson years ago regarding junk out of China..

·
Registered
361 Posts
And the manual also says ´refer to your dealer´ on almost every second page - not bloody likely mate. Sorry but I couldn´t resist that. They put that piece in the manual for legal reasons I reckon - that´s a sign of the silly age we live in now - the big cost of buying a RR is mostly lawyers fees.

But seriously if the top and bottom mounts are ok then why throw them away with the old bladders? Just buy new bags and off you go again - here is how to install the new bags on the old mounts - http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetail ... ddereplace - the piece you need is down the page.

Here is a part where you can replace only the broken/worn out bit without having to throw away perfectly good pieces ´because it only comes as a complete assembly´ - be thankful. Bladders only are available from Airbagman, Arnotts and Strutmaster.
Sorry but I have no knowledge of Britpart springs - I have recently installed a new set of Dunlop springs.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi to all, I agree with all you say re-after market parts never known one to do the job it was supplied for, classic R/R upper tail gate hinge mounts all out of line, lower tail gate to big for the opening etc. etc. I had no intention of using Britpart just wanted to see coments, I can get Dunlop for £ 77.55p so i'll just fit the whole unit one out and one in finished, i'll do all four corners and be done thank you all for the imput.
Best Regards Sillyboy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts