RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my recent buy, 04 HSE rover is lower in front every day. More on left side. I've never pulled the relay to stop self levelling, I figured it was my uneven driveway maybe causing it. Compressor pumps it up in morning quickly, no noise, no shudder, nothing. Start car and pop, its up. Switches to highway mode and back no issue, etc.

Anyways, took it to a local RR shop that is famous around here for dong nothing but LR and BMW stuff, and wanted them to diagnose it before major issues hit.

His results were (and waiting for report emailed as I can't remember exact details):

compressor was getting warm while pressure was not that high
the "return" lines were showing no pressure.

He recommended replacing the valve. Which I assume is the main valve block I see so many talk about rebuilding since so expensive, and the fact they gum up. Or would it be one of the front solenoid valves ,particularly the front left since it seems left is always a little lower.??

Also, anyone know where I can get the rebuild kits for the valve block or a good source for rebuilt ones? isn't it part number """"000050? for the valve block?

I looked for shupag's website in google and could not find it. Love to buy from forum members if you guys have these things. I found a valve block "kit" from island4x4.uk which looks like a rebuild one for 200.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
383 Posts
You said it yourself. Leaning more on the left side. Booom! You found your issue. Front left air strut leaking. Replace it. I would replace both front at the same time because typically the right side follows not too long behind. I cant vouch for replacing your valve block and I dont think that is your issue. Fix the struts before the compressor gets overworked and gives up. To be sure, raise vehicle to standard or offroad.Then pull the eas fuse. Leave the car sitting overnight and next day see which side is much lower.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
I've never ever seen or had a valve block fail, yet.. I'd do as Rovah recommended. Do NOT use Arnott EAS components. You'd be better off dealing with the cheap struts from Amazon or eBay than them.. Best off would be OE bags or Dunlop.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
It could be a hose as well, especially with that year battery acid dripping down onto the hoses below. Tho it could be a strut. Easy enough OP, just park it, spray soapy water on it while someone rocks the car a bit, if you see bubbles the strut is indeed your problem. Tho if you pull your battery and see the base is covered in white residue remove the base and check the condition of the hoses below. I had the exact same issue with my 04, turned out to be a tiny tiny tiny pin hole due to acid burn on the hose. Cut the bad section out, spliced in new, done deal. Also, I wouldn't mess with trying to diagnose by putting it in any other height beyond how you park it. If you raise it up or lower it to diagnose that could seal the leak.

I've never ever seen or had a valve block fail, yet.. I'd do as Rovah recommended. Do NOT use Arnott EAS components. You'd be better off dealing with the cheap struts from Amazon or eBay than them.. Best off would be OE bags or Dunlop.
It's pretty common to have a failing air drier allowing moisture into the system and locking up the valves in cold weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts