RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2 Posts
I’m new to this forum. In 2014 I bought an early EFI Vogue which went but was a little tired externally. This year finally got around to getting it road worthy and had the body work sorted with a complete respray.

The previous owner had raised the suspension, something which I will probably return to original height.

Having had the respray I’m trying to find out how the vehicle would have been finished with decals on the bonnet and tailgate. Would they have been flush stickers or raised individual letters? Also would the tailgate have had a Land Rover badge and any decal to detail it’s a vogue.

Finally the car did have the door trim a third of the way up. These have not been replaced as I can’t find a stockist- any advice?

Thanks for your help. Pics before and after attached.
IMG_2549.jpg
IMG_2550.jpg
4859e050b2fadcfc29348f00d80aca86.jpg
IMG_2547.jpg

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
If you add your location to your profile we can better provide parts sources in your area

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
By the steering wheel I’m going with Britain or Australia

·
Registered
143 Posts
UK car by the looks of things. C regs so I'm guessing 1984? Flush lettering not raised and a LR oval on the passenger side of the tailgate. The lettering would most likely have been silver.

Plenty of rubbing strip sets and letters on the UK Ebay. Is that Cypress Green?

How much was the respray (if you don't mind)? Was it a self prep and back to metal etc?

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Range123 - it was registered in 86 in the last half of C reg. I'll look out for rubbing strips - the respray was £2200 - great value labour in the west country!! They did all the prep.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow £2200 is a good prices to also inc the prep. I am planning a respray next year and would be worth the trip at the price.

I would be happy t prep and tear down to so even cheaper.

Care to pass on the details of who did it?:clap:

Is the interior in as good condition?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts