RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sitting in my driveway one morning and I got the 3 amigos and the e diff unavailable. I pulled the diff motor and it is working fine wth?!? The scanner says it's a can error u0001-81 which I assume is what's causing the 3 amigos. I've changed the main battery, pulled diff motor, checked fuses and relays.

ANY IDEAS please help!!!

·
Registered
2018 L405
118 Posts
In the year 2244 JLR still can't produce a reliable vehicle..

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
hopefully there's no TLS negotiation for these things to work.
In other words, I'd set the clock/date right & restart the vehicle first.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
682 Posts
This happened to me two weeks ago. Driving in a snowstorm and I heard that LR "bong". Pulled over and restarted the vehicle and this cleared. No further issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the year 2244 JLR still can't produce a reliable vehicle..
😂😂 I reset the vehicle, apparently that is the truth
hopefully there's no TLS negotiation for these things to work.
In other words, I'd set the clock/date right & restart the vehicle first.

I just reset the date and time, the weird thing is I was changing the rear pads and bled the brakes via the autel. The codes went away for about 3 minutes then came back on.

·
Registered
418 Posts
😂😂 I reset the vehicle, apparently that is the truth

I just reset the date and time, the weird thing is I was changing the rear pads and bled the brakes via the autel. The codes went away for about 3 minutes then came back on.
You seem to know your way around a vehicle and wrenches quite well... So don't take offense when I mention this... Did you re-connect the Wheel Sensor(s) after replacing the rear brake pad? If so, did you accidentially damage one of the little "Prong-Teeth" inside the "Male" connection side so that not all "Prong-Teeth" are aligned correctly and inserted into the "Female" connection side? I did that on the Parking Aide Sensor in the front bumper ever so slightly and lost all kinds of functions until I pulled the bumper again and rechecked the connections... Only to find out that one little prong out of 16 or so was bent very slightly and wasn't inserted into it's correct sub connection point. Straitened it out, reinserted both connection sides and all codes and errors went away.

Also, you could just have a bad Wheel Speed Sensor. I'm almost positive those sensors allow the ABS system to operate by relaying each wheels speed... That would also account for the loss of the Electronic Differential as it needs to know the rate/speed and other wheel info and to have a functioning ABS System to properly lock and monitor the E-Differential correctly. Lastly, these Rovers come with Torque Vectoring and this function is heavily dependent upon the use and full function of the rear brakes heavily.

I'd start with those rear wheel sensor connections personally. Best of luck to you!

-Ham

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured it out, Range Rover said it was the diff motor. I replaced the diff module and that fixed it. Thank you everyone for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts