RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this warning came on and stayed on. Took it to the dealer and they said the control module needs to be replaced.

First time for me, so wondering if any of you know what could have caused this failure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to my nightmare! I had the same problem in my 2014 RRS SC Dynamic. Is your 2015 still under warranty? If not, here in the US the control module repair is about $600. If it's the rear differential motor, the repair is about $2000. If your car is not under warranty and you have had a history of problems with it or it just came out of warranty, ask you dealer to request financial assistance from Land Rover. My car had a long history of issues and the differential issue happened after the warranty expired. Land Rover agreed to pay for 50% of the cost of the repairs.

Good luck. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to my nightmare! I had the same problem in my 2014 RRS SC Dynamic. Is your 2015 still under warranty? If not, here in the US the control module repair is about $600. If it's the rear differential motor, the repair is about $2000. If your car is not under warranty and you have had a history of problems with it or it just came out of warranty, ask you dealer to request financial assistance from Land Rover. My car had a long history of issues and the differential issue happened after the warranty expired. Land Rover agreed to pay for 50% of the cost of the repairs.

Good luck. Keep us posted!
My warranty ran out in June.... just my luck as this is first issue with her so far (so knock on wood to keep the luck going). Did dealer tell you what might have caused this control module to malfunction?

Unfortunately, they don't have this part in stock in Taiwan and need to order from UK. I'm actually heading back to US this week, so will just pick up the module myself to save time as my trip is just one week. Any suggestion where to buy this part online first?

·
Registered
209 Posts
My warranty ran out in June.... just my luck as this is first issue with her so far (so knock on wood to keep the luck going). Did dealer tell you what might have caused this control module to malfunction? ... Any suggestion where to buy this part online first?
Dealer never said anything regarding the cause. I see you started another thread on where to buy the part, I'll defer to the recommendations from other members who have posted there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thought dealer would've mentioned something. Tks anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts