RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to RR here,
what is the benefit of this Dynamic pkg I see ? before I purchase a used 2016 RRS supercharged V8.
I heard this increases the HP to 550 on this Dynamic pkg.???
also I see CPO"s with up to 7 yrs or 100k warranties , do you still have to buy this after the 4yr/ 50k runs out?
Still searching and reading . Thanks

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
CPO includes extended warranty, usually 5 or 6 years and up to 100k miles. This is included with the purchase of a CPO from a LR dealer.

Dynamic package for 2016 includes:
-Red sport badge on tailgate and black trim pieces to differentiate from HSE/non-dynamic (fog light surrounds, tail gate trim piece, rear view mirror surrounds). Basically a V6 HSE and V8 non-dynamic look identical other than the silver badge on the back.
-TFT dash gauges instead of analog
-Ability to have pimento or tan interior

Otherwise non-dynamic and dynamic V8 drive identically and have 510 hp for 2016.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
360 Posts
doesn't the Dynamic package also includes the rear e-diff?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I thought that came with both V8 versions, my understanding was dynamic was basically a cosmetic package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
CPO includes extended warranty, usually 5 or 6 years and up to 100k miles. This is included with the purchase of a CPO from a LR dealer.

Dynamic package for 2016 includes:
-Red sport badge on tailgate and black trim pieces to differentiate from HSE/non-dynamic (fog light surrounds, tail gate trim piece, rear view mirror surrounds). Basically a V6 HSE and V8 non-dynamic look identical other than the silver badge on the back.
-TFT dash gauges instead of analog
-Ability to have pimento or tan interior

Otherwise non-dynamic and dynamic V8 drive identically and have 510 hp for 2016.
All of the above plus Dynamic Suspension which enables Dynamic Mode on the traction dial which is a completely different beast as far as handling and performance is concerned. Plus you also get the low transfer case 4x4 setting, rear differential locking and torque vectoring
Dynamic Package is vital on the V8 as far as I’m concerned.

·
Registered
30 Posts
All of the above plus Dynamic Suspension which enables Dynamic Mode on the traction dial which is a completely different beast as far as handling and performance is concerned. Plus you also get the low transfer case 4x4 setting, rear differential locking and torque vectoring
Dynamic Package is vital on the V8 as far as I’m concerned.
This is inaccurate. The dynamic mode on the traction dial (adaptive handling/dynamic response system), terrain response II (including low speed transfer case, locking difs, etc.) ALL come standard with any v8. The dynamic package is simply cosmetic. The names cause a significant amount of confusion, though.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
it's somewhat aggravating that Terrain Response 2, rear diffs and such are standard on the V8 Sport but one can get a V8 full size without them.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
went I bought my RRS dynamic with V6 I wanted to get the 2 speed transfer case but for some odd reason my model was the only one that you could not option for. ever other model from base to top end it was an available option, I have not clue as to why they did that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Very strange, because ALL pre-facelift L494 models sold in ZA had low range, active rear diff, and TR2.

Dynamic mode was also an option, so it's quite common to find the diesel v6 with that as well.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts