RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
240 Posts
I believe it's a handling package that typically has red calipers though some owners convert their calipers to red because they like the look.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Few items in the dynamic package but the main one is the dynamic suspension which stiffens up when activated to provide better handling when desired (although it is a harsher ride). I also believe the dynamic changes the shifting patterns of the transmission, allowing you to get closer to redline before the auto transmission shifts.

As Mancerator says, I also think the Brembo brakes were standard on the Dynamic. Which is essentially a much bigger rotor and 6 pot brake caliper in the front.

·
Registered
746 Posts
PurdueMary: Per your other thread. I'm assuming this is the 2014 MY V8SC. That year the Dynamic package that went with V8SC includes digital cluster screen instead of Analog. Only Dynamic and ATB had the digital instrument cluster option (standard on ATB). It also includes 2 exclusive ATB interior color options. Pimento and Beige full leather option (dash and doors get full leather treatment). Basically Dynamic gets the Autobiography options without going to Autobiography. I think the rest was all cosmetic if memory serves.

Ah. Jettlag is right, you get the dynamic suspension and others that's part of the whole 'dynamic drive mode'. I don't remember if the brakes were bigger as oppose to the standard V8SC, I think the only real difference is the painted red calipers. I thought they all had brembos, just that the Dynamic and ATBs were painted.

-ThinkMac-

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I copied this from the MY14 brochure: "Dynamic Package(available on Supercharged only) – consists of unique red ‘Sport’ badge, fender vent with Gloss Black fingers, Atlas mesh and Gloss Black surround, Gloss Black upper mirror caps, fog lamp surrounds, tow eye cover and tailgate finisher, Grille in Gloss Black painted mesh with Gloss Black surround, seats in Oxford Perforated Leather with two additional colorways, and a choice of Dark Grey Oak Wood Veneer or Sport Textured Aluminum Finisher, stainless steel pedals, full virtual TFT instrument panel, Performance Enhancement (Increase in Top Speed), 21 inch ‘Style 15’ alloy wheel with red brake calipers "

To OP: the safest way to identify is by getting the VIN and putting it in Topix. Go to All Vehicle Details, and look for line 11 or 12 where it says "Supercharged Dynamic" for cars bought with this package. My wife had one of these and I just looked it up.

FWIW the brochures are here: Auto-Brochures.com|Land Rover Car & Truck PDF Sales Brochure/Catalog/Flyer/Info Discovery Sport Evoque LR2 LR3 LR4 Range Rover Sport Series I Series II Series III Velar

Reactions: Gpplutta

·
Registered
156 Posts
Few items in the dynamic package but the main one is the dynamic suspension which stiffens up when activated to provide better handling when desired (although it is a harsher ride). I also believe the dynamic changes the shifting patterns of the transmission, allowing you to get closer to redline before the auto transmission shifts.

As Mancerator says, I also think the Brembo brakes were standard on the Dynamic. Which is essentially a much bigger rotor and 6 pot brake caliper in the front.
Correct, you can tell a RRS with the dynamic package because it has the two wavy lines on the terrain response selector. When selected it adds weight to the steering, the active roll bars keep vehicle roll to less than one degree and throttle response is much sharper. The transmission has its own sport mode that holds gears longer and will downshift when you lift off the throttle to keep the engine in the power band as you slow down to enter a corner to provide maximum power on the exit. Also if you use the paddle shifters it will hold that gear regardless until you shift again.

It’s actually a great feature and makes this 5000 lb SUV fun to drive in the twisties. Sadly, the brakes are all the same for any RRS with a SC V8 and V6’s with a HST package. I can over drive them very quickly with the power and weight of this SUV. I always have to keep brake preservation in mind with any “Sprited driving”.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
This probably echoes a lot above, but concerning at least 2014-2017 vehicles, there are two "Dynamics":

Dynamic Mode: Curvy road terrain option on the mode selector in the center console. For 2014 and 2015, only the V8's had this option regardless if Supercharged, Supercharged Dynamic, or ATB. In 2016 the HST V6 and 2017 HSE Dynamic V6 also had this option. This mode tightens up the steering and increases acceleration as described above.

Dynamic Package is what separates the Supercharged from the Supercharged Dynamic and ATB trim lines. This was a purely cosmetic package and included black rear view mirror covers, grille, front and rear valance covers, and the black trim over the license plate on the trunk. In addition the word "Sport" was red on the trunk and in 2017 the Range Rover lettering on the hood and trunk were in black. Also these models had the TFT screen instead of analog gauges.

The Supercharged trim line is a V8 that looks identical to an HSE V6 from the outside - silver trim bits and color-matched rear view mirror covers.

I get a little confused on the Brembos. I think early on the non-Dynamic V8's had silver Brembos but later on in 2016 and 2017 all V8's got the red Brembo option I believe.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
HotDog16 is right

I have a 17 RRS HSE Dynamic and it has the following:

This was a purely cosmetic package and included black rear view mirror covers, grille, front and rear valance covers, and the black trim over the license plate on the trunk. In addition the word "Sport" was red on the trunk and in 2017 the Range Rover lettering on the hood and trunk were in black. Also these models had the TFT screen instead of analog gauges. However since I have the V6 option, the HP is increased to 380 vs the standard V6 in the HSE (non Dynamic) I believe is 340 or something like that. It has the red Brembos.

It also has the Dynamic Mode as described earlier:

Dynamic Mode: Curvy road terrain option on the mode selector in the center console. For 2014 and 2015, only the V8's had this option regardless if Supercharged, Supercharged Dynamic, or ATB. In 2016 the HST V6 and 2017 HSE Dynamic V6 also had this option. This mode tightens up the steering and increases acceleration as described above.

I think I posted some pics on the forum when I first got the car as well. It's Corris Grey with the tan interior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just called the dealership trying to figure out (I'm at work not near my car) how many pistons my calipers had for my 2016 RRS S/C Dynamic. They said "The computer doesn't say but the picture on the screen shows 2 pistons, so more than likely it's a 2 piston caliper."

I guess the Brembo setup is only a 2 piston caliper? I wonder what the SVR is then?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
615 Posts
That doesn't sound right. I thought that Brembo on this RRs were all three piston.

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
246 Posts
The Brembo front brake calipers on Dynamic/SVR are the same with 6 pistons per caliper. The SVR has a different brake cooling scoop though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts