RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how or if the Auto mode will choose the Dynamic setting? I read the manual but it is isn't clear if you put it into Auto if depending on driving conditions and style if it will choose Dynamic. I've been manually selecting Dynamic adaptive mode when I'm driving on fast windy roads and I can feel the difference in engine response and suspension stiffness but would like to think I can get the same response without manual selection.

thank you in advance -

·
Registered
139 Posts
A tell-tale sign that "Dynamic" has been engaged is the significant stiffening of the steering wheel. So far, I haven't experienced that in "Auto" TRII setting.

Auto mode, however, does appear to adapt to off-road conditions extremely well:
- Softens suspension a bit
- Makes steering slightly lighter
- Holds gears longer, especially the lower gear
- Locks the center and rear diff when conditions warrant

Further, I get prompted to engage off-road height and low range when conditions warrant.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lcd - so if you don't mind I've got a follow up question; the owners manual states that there are two ride height settings - suitably named Off-road 1 and Off-road 2 - but when I select the select the increased height setting it only goes up once - there doesn't seem to be a second height option. I know there is a non-manual setting called "extended" but that's not what I'm referring to in this case.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've only observed three selectable ride heights with my 2017.
- Park mode.
- Normal mode.
- Offroad mode.

There's a 4th mode, called "Extended", but is only initiated when the vehicle detects that it has been grounded - i.e. snow, rock, etc. You can initiate this mode manually by putting a large wooden block under one of the jack points, then attempt to put the vehicle into park mode. It will attempt to lower onto the block, then jump automatically into extended mode. Once in extended mode you can further increase the hide height by pressing 'up' on the ride height selector and holding the brake pedal, though speed is extremely limited in both extended modes.

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts