RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got a MY2020 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic P400e. Its 2 months old and I've been trying to get to grips with some of the features on this thing. A friend of mine with a YouTube channel called Driven Hard Official showed me how on his car when he sets the car to dynamic, a helmet button appears and he can set a custom setting for the engine, suspension, steering etc however mine doesn't have this? Anyone know why there's a difference? His is V8 model I believe as well.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
Since the p400e isn’t a performance model I don’t think they include the dynamic mode - or if it does it’s likely a less configurable set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Isn't there an actual exhaust button?
Yes there is, the Helmet icon/button is to select your settings in dynamic mode on my 2020 SVR.

I’ll get a photo on here but it allows you to go to the factory dynamic or set your own settings for steering, suspension etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes there is, the Helmet icon/button is to select your settings in dynamic mode on my 2020 SVR.

I’ll get a photo on here but it allows you to go to the factory dynamic or set your own settings for steering, suspension etc.

Right so there should be both icons to click, a helmet and an exhaust correct?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Right so there should be both icons to click, a helmet and an exhaust correct?
Yes sir here is what you get, when you put the car in dynamic then hit the helmet to get the top screen options. You can see the exhaust by the helmet option

Not sure why it posted the pics x2...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Land rover uses the word "dynamic" all over the place so it gets confusing. In the US, I believe that only the V8 and HST models get dynamic mode along with "configurable dynamics" (which is the infotainment feature that lets you adjust the steering/suspension/transmission/etc). On the lower models, you can get adaptive shocks when you order the tow package, however you dont get the ability to adjust them. I'm not sure what's included in the UK's "Dynamic" package on the P400e- it's possible that it's just an appearance package. If you can lookup the list of option codes your car has, see if it has "configurable dynamics". That's what you need to be able to customize as in the screen shot above.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
209 Posts
P400e has a the dynamic mode without dynamic response.
This means the dynamic mode just stiffens the steering and change the gear and engine reaction and the suspension without the ability to get less body roll.

All V8 RRS including the dynamic response in this setting, this supports
the body roll stiffness on top. Only with this setup you will get the configureable dynamic screen.

I had a P400e for 1 Year and missed this option until I got it now in my P525, as it adds not really a big value on the car... ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
strange , i just got the 525HSE and i have the helmet icon/button but it wont stay lit and i never get a tailpipe icon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts