RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone..
First of all i am new in this forum , and just bought a 2006 RRS with original RES .
I tried searching the threads for an answer to my question but was unable to find a clear one or at least a solution if there was a problem.
I noticed that when i play a dvd the headrest screens work perfectly but i can only hear the audio through the headphones and not from the car's speakers although i can see "DVD" word on the radio's screen.
I wanted to know if this is normal (for safety issue) or is there something wrong ? And If so what could be the cause of this problem and how to fix it?
Your answers are mostly appreciated especially that i have a long drive this coming weekend with my young daughter in the back and i was looking forward for a peaceful drive :)
Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Something is wrong (again, assuming this is the factory RSES, with a 6-disc DVD changer in the trunk), audio should play back through the car speakers when "DVD" is selected as an input on the head unit - whenever you pick DVD from the touchscreen menu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Unberto for your reply...
I was told today by an electrical technician (sub dealer) that the sound of the DVD coming out through the car speakers is optional and thus the standard version of the 2006 RRS is missing a sort of a fiber optic wire ,which can be installed to solve this issue ...I do not know if this information is accurate or not... it sound a little strange to me...could that be true or is it a scam to charge more?
Thank again

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
That's ridiculous, and not true of course. It's amazing the crap some tech people will come up with, rather than just admitting they are clueless and have no idea how to troubleshoot or fix the problem. The only wire "missing" from the 2006 RSES (which I have) was the video feed cable connecting RSE module in the trunk with front touchscreen, which means you cannot watch a DVD on the front monitor of a 2006 RRS, even while parked. Land Rover corrected that idiotic restriction on later model years (video feed is still interrupted when the car is moving, as it should.) However, audio playback from the 6-disc DVD changer has always been channeled through the car's speakers whenever the DVD input is selected (and a DVD is playing, doh!), it was never an "option". Hopefully you can get a better technician on the case.

This of course assumes you have the factory RSES in your car and not an aftermarket unit, but the fact that you can select DVD as an input (you should have both "DVD" and "Rear Seat Ent." menu buttons available on your touchscreen's main menu) seems to indicate you do.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
iPad mini, Nexus 7, or Kindle HD + head phones

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again for your reply
that is exactly what I thought,and yes the res is a factory installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts