RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

So I bought a nice little Range Rover L322 Vogue 2005 in black which came with the 20" wheels and some nice chrome up grades for the little wife and she loves it !

Range Rover.jpg View attachment 265360

There were three things that I am getting round to fixing:

The Sat Nav had the error message 'DVD error'. I took out the DVD disc and it was very dusty, cleaned it and the laser and now the error message has gone great, but it does not seem to give me location and instead somewhere many miles away in Norway !? Could this be connections to the roof antenna needs checking perhaps? update to DVD?

The CD multidisc in the glove box, it mechanically loads up the discs one by one, but the screen stops on 'Loading' and nothing plays? I've put in a cleaning disc a few times hoping it was a dirty lense but no joy. Will I have to strip the glove box out to get to the multichanger if I need to replace?

Last point is the TV, in the UK the digital switchover means that we can no longer get anaolgue TV unfortunately, therefore is there a digital adaptor that will plug into our cars that works?

Thanks !

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Most possible is that the GPS roof antenne after 13 years has corroded electronics inside . Simpel and cheap to replace. There is a little movie on You Tube. I had the same symptoms experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great I will check out Youtube thanks, may see if its repairable if it is poor connections.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great I will check out Youtube thanks, may see if its repairable if it is poor connections.
Just to update, I found that the GPS antenna had been hit previously and was cracked. I removed the antenna by loosening the roof lining to access the two 10mm nuts. Inside I found the upright PCB antenna was bent in half, I manged to glue this back together and solder the break in in the tracks on the PCB then heated the antenna plastic housing to straighten it out finally glued and sealed the crack on the antenna.
It now works great and I have sat nav, !! I just re-calibrated and all works great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

The CD changer probably needs to be hit in the middle. I had the same problem and by ticking it with a hammer (not too harsh) it functions again. There is probably a thread on this to find.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i've read loads of people with CD changer issues and hitting seems to work for some, I have tried but although it loads and spins the discs when I chose a disc it fails to start, just stays on Loading. I may need to strip it out, I believe you need to remove a lot of the dash to get to it as mine is in the glove box, do you know if there is a way of removing it from the front using like a set of stereo keys?

In regards to the Digital TV thats great if there is an adaptor, I will have a hunt.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
7 Posts
Oh and digital TV you can purchase with AliExpress for € 130,- or so.
Can you provide further specific details of this 'digital TV' on Aliexpress please? A search term or direct link would be great. Many thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you provide further specific details of this 'digital TV' on Aliexpress please? A search term or direct link would be great. Many thanks.
Agreed this would be handy, I had a look on ebay and can found used DVD control units, If I bought one would it work if I plugged it in and will the roof antenna stay the same?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts