1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted a new front airbag, went for the Dunlop option from Island 4x4

Just as good as original part, fitted easily, looks and feels good quality
£222 delivered including VAT
By far the cheapest available and quality seems good, thought it might be useful info for those who need a suspension change

·
Registered
256 Posts
How does it compare to the Arnott unit ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
What I like about them is that the Head of the Strut is a solid block of aluminum and not the Plastic fitted by LR

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I did a write up on the advantages and disadvantages of the Arnott replacement bags a while back. I have the bags pictured above. They are fine quality-wise except for the bump stop - which is more along the lines of an average auto bump stop and not well suited for an air sprung vehicle that may at some point be driven a distance resting on this - and the bore for the air line fitting is not in the same spot or at a downward angle like the original meaning you have to strech the lines a bit to install.

I'd recommend these in a heartbeat over OEM struts at OEM prices - but at the prices Island4x4 (and others too in the meantime) are selling new, complete struts, it makes next to no sense to go with these. At more or less the same price in addition to the air spring you:
- get a new shock absorber (damper)
- save about 1 hr per side on installing the air spring on the strut

Arnott is a good company with good products - but this is a no brainer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does the Arnott compare cost wise?

Any problems with corrosion on the aluminium part?

On the plus side, the periodic air suspension inactive problem I was having seems to have gone away (I hope permanently) so presumably the strut has been leaking for some time.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
If you search the topic and add my user name, you'll find the thread pretty quickly. Cost, etc are all there.

No issues with aluminum corrosion.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,961 Posts
I put new complete struts on my truck, I paid a bit more for them over in the USA .
I called Arnott and asked about what they actually did to rebuild a shock they said that they remove the old airbag and install a new Arnott bag,
i asked how do they refurbish the damper portion and they said they clean it up and paint it.
They do nothing with the inside of the strut so yes a new bag is nice ,
but the rest of the shock could have many more miles on it from the one your removing, thats if you opt for buying the bags with the struts already installed.
This is you can buy either new bags or new bags installed on used struts and return your old dampers as your core.

One of my front struts was clearly worn and would let the front corner bounce rather freely,
New struts means a factory fresh ride to go along with the air bag suspension.

This to me was the clear choice to install new complete struts and bags
and a deal if you buy them from England about 325.00 each plus shipping.
IIRC they were selling the Delphi struts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Good News: Arnott now sells new genuine Dunlops for the front of Range Rover 2003-2005 L322, MK-III. These are made by Dunlop and are a high quality aftermarket alternative to the genuine O.E. part. Offered in America exclusively by Arnott, these new front struts fit the Range Rover L322 and MK-III models (not
for supercharged models) and are backed by Arnott's limited lifetime warranty (which is longer than the Dunlop warranty). They retail for $577.00.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_LAND_ROVER_yid4_pid125.html

·
Registered
256 Posts
Doug have you guys done anything for the rears ?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
523 Posts
Good News: Arnott now sells new genuine Dunlops for the front of Range Rover 2003-2005 L322, MK-III. These are made by Dunlop and are a high quality aftermarket alternative to the genuine O.E. part. Offered in America exclusively by Arnott, these new front struts fit the Range Rover L322 and MK-III models (not
for supercharged models) and are backed by Arnott's limited lifetime warranty (which is longer than the Dunlop warranty). They retail for $577.00.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_LAND_ROVER_yid4_pid125.html

THis is good to know, thx!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts