RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Re: "Dummy" Twin Exhaust tailpipe tips for Range Rover L322

Actually they don't look all that bad. However it's also a nice clean look without the added bling.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, I thought they were pretty clean :) and dont take away from the Range much. Not the real deal I know but far enough underneath that you cant really tell they are just tips. I dont like the really take away from the classic look of the Range but these kinda caught my attention.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,921 Posts

if you should get out off road then the possibility exixsts,
that you could crunch one of those tips into the bottom of the bumper cover and probably crack it,
are the tips removable?
You will notice that the HSE exhaust tips are sorta flush with the lines of the bottom of the truck,
to prevent them from contacting the ground

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts

It will certainly look quite silly on cold days when the steam is rising from a totally different location. Why not go to a muffler shop and have them custom weld [working] tips?

I doubt labor would be over $75 and you can find nice looking tips for about that much, if not less. So for $150 you have something legitimate whereas that fake junk will run you $150 plus shipping.

If you're looking for added sound, you can even have a muffler shop remove the rear muffler and add new piping and new tips for about $150. Nothing breaks the bank until you start looking for high end cat back exhaust systems, which are usually around a grand.

·
Registered
316 Posts

Thanks. Do these just slide on right over the current tips underneath the Range? Have you actually seen them on a truck?
I have not seen them on a truck , however, I contacted the vendor to inquire the same thing, and they said yes. I have been toying with the idea to purchase them, but I am still weighing other options.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts

Good point all,...this is what my take was on this,..
Stacey's Custom Muffler did a very clean job for my my 07 HSE cutting the end pipes just at the point of exit from the muffler and welding in a90 degree bend with a nice long SS tip. What a difference. A hanger added to maintain rigidity and it's an OEM finish for 200.00 Usd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts