1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G

·
0 Posts
I have a 2010 HSE and alas....quite a bit of the advertised technology either didn't make it across the pond or didn't make it to the assembly line at all. The tft dash is a letdown when it comes to the amount of information you can access through it. The animated gauges are cool but most of the vehicles features and settings are still accessed through the NAV screen which is NOT the much anticipated PB screen. It's just a standard lcd screen similar to the dvd players in the headrests.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Regrettably due to the plague of lawyers that inflict this country and the resulting nanny laws, the dual view screen is currently not offered here in the 2010 RR. Apparently the first vehicle to feature one in the US will be a Jag. I expect the RR to follow soon afterwards as that will signify that the DOT has signed off on it. My best guess is the 2011 model year will have it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that is disappointing to say the least. After reading/researching a bit I can say that I won't be trading my 06 in for a 2010. I cant imagine spending $94,000 to have none of the technology that other countries will see.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Your 06 is also handicapped in that the front view of DVD's is disabled whereas in Europe it wasn't, while parked. So if it makes you feel any better you'd be trading one handicapped feature for another.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I'd be amazed if the dual screen technology is ever introduced in this country (just like the Range Rover, the new 2010 Jag XJ isn't getting that feature either here in North America.) Even if DOT allowed it one day, ultimately the implementation is up to the manufacturer, and Jaguar + Land Rover North America have been notorious sissies about this stuff that might get them sued. Witness the satnav: Apparently on MY2010s we will still have to suffer through the inability of entering destinations / addresses in the navigation system while the car is in motion, something that other Land Rover owners in most countries outside of NA have been able to do since at least MY07. :(

·
SUPER MODERATOR
976 Posts
Rockclimber said:
Well that is disappointing to say the least. After reading/researching a bit I can say that I won't be trading my 06 in for a 2010. I cant imagine spending $94,000 to have none of the technology that other countries will see.
Are there a lot of other things not availabe for NA spec(Venture cam)? 2010 is the first year there have actually been any real meaninful options for the U.S. market - A Mercedes exec was quoted in Autoweek saying they expect approval in the U.S. for dual-view in January on their vehicles - hopefully that helps LR too - but it's actually one option I probably wouldn't get.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow Up:
I was so disappointed in Land Rover's/Tata decision that I actually bought a used 2008 Supercharged Rover instead of the brand new 2010 HSE. Such a shame as I really had my sights set on the 2010 for quite some time now. :( Pics tomorrow when I pick her up. Hopefully I am not the only one let down and Land Rover will change their ways in the states.
BTW, good insight as always here :D I do realize my sport was "less than equal" when it came to her European counterparts, that's why I was so excited for the 10's to come around. We need tort reform here in America, such a sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Tort reform ain't gonna happen when the POTUS, VP, and much of the house and senate are lawyers themselves and many in the pocket of the trial lawyer PACs. It's going to get worse not better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, as trivial as it may sound, an issue as small as this is a large deciding factor in my purchase. I bought an M3 over a GTR due to launch control issues with the Nissan. I hate nothing more than being advertised a certain item only to find out a year later it doesn't exist in the states/or it voids your warranty when you do use it *Cough Cough*. Plus the 08 Supercharged came in under the price of the 2010 regular HSE which is nice :D Again however, probably a stupid/minimal issue when you are talking about $100,000 cars. BTW, I am loving my decision a few days later now. The 08 is the perfect Rover for me.

G

·
0 Posts
I don't blame you. I'm like that too with the "little" things. Especially when little things are missing for no apparent reason like audio settings being displayed on the tft while driving. I also can't stand the fact that US advertising is misleading. I went by Mercedes yesterday and looked at a couple of GL550's. I probably wouldn't buy one right now but as soon as the technology in the cockpit catches up with the S550's etc... I'll probably ditch my rover for good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Rockclimber said:
Yes, as trivial as it may sound, an issue as small as this is a large deciding factor in my purchase. I bought an M3 over a GTR due to launch control issues with the Nissan. I hate nothing more than being advertised a certain item only to find out a year later it doesn't exist in the states/or it voids your warranty when you do use it *Cough Cough*. Plus the 08 Supercharged came in under the price of the 2010 regular HSE which is nice :D Again however, probably a stupid/minimal issue when you are talking about $100,000 cars. BTW, I am loving my decision a few days later now. The 08 is the perfect Rover for me.

sorry about the M3. Nissan immediately released a free reprogram that permits you to launch the car, it's faster now and doesn't void the warranty. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's OK bro, I am more upset with my DCT lag than a lack of launch control. Honestly you would not believe the delay when downshifting from 2nd to first under hard braking. We are talking about 1.5-2.0 seconds! The upshifts are as amazing as advertised... 4 milliseconds, but still... In the end I would still choose the M3 over the GTR...

·
Registered
441 Posts
wow! that kind of downshift delay in hard driving would be intolerable to me. :shock: I do enjoy the rev matched instant down of the dual clutch system in the gtr

glad you're happy with your choice! more practical? I guess.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, car seat in back and 4 doors (E90). I probably would not get another M if it was 2 door and I had no children. There are other more exciting 2 door choices, Z06, GTR, etc.

I heard that Cadillac has/will have the Dual Screen in them, can anyone confirm this? That would be a major disappointment if they utilized this in the states before Land Rover :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts