RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where can I get these dual fog lights for my RRS HSE stock bumper? Whats needed to install them and where do I buy? I've searched the forum, eBay and internet all with no luck. Looks like that "Canadian guy" put them on his car- can they be modded to fit the HSE Sport? Please advise.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Are you talking about the oem driving lights that make the car look like a cross between this,

and this?

Then yes, they can be fitted but you need to drill holes in the bumper. Functionally they are a tad worthless IMO.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Here is a source: http://www.bputah.com/RRS/Range_Rover_S ... 02440.html

If you like the look by all means go for it. Installation instructions are included with the kit, or you can preview them on the Owner Info web site among the Accessory Fitting Instructions for the Sport (search for "Driving Lamp Kit" to pull up the pdf.) As mentioned above though, functionality is not what you may expect, e.g. the "driving" lights should really be called "off-road" lights since they only operate along with your high beams, while the fogs only operate along with your low beams (as they do in the stock version.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing, thats exactly what I'm looking for. Not crazy about it, but I think it's definitely something different- especially combined with the halo lights I plan on getting from Jbrac. And until I go for a body kit I think it helps set the car apart.

My question is- do you know if just the housings can be utilized without the stock bulbs? I think it would look nice to have the dual pod setup but with some matching HIDs or halo bulbs inside.

They seem a little on the pricey side, but what do you expect from Land Rover. Anyone know if there's any cheaper eBay/knockoff versions similar that I can play around with?

·
Registered
458 Posts
About these lights, this is my opinion, since my fam has an 06 SC with them fitted. They are OEM and dealer-installed. Like the other guys were saying, the "driving lights" only come on with your high beams. We have found them, as a suppliment to the high beams, really, really bright. Actually, my dad was ticked he couldn't get those on his 2010SC. I don't know about aftermarket, but they actually are very effective at night. Here in the Wisconsin boonies, going down country highways at night, you need to constantly watch for deer. With those lights on, it lights things up like daylight compared to the stock, high-beam only setup. We highly recommend them, and think they are worth the price. There's a little switch that mounts on your dash where you can disable them if you don't want them coming on. It would be nice if other cars had this option, though before I get stoned here, I do understand they are illegal to run "on-road." Eh, they look like your high beams anyway which shut off when you flick to low. High beams are illegal for oncoming traffic, so what's the difference, right?

Get 'em! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts