RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 2000' DSE Automatic.
My question is rather simple. Is it possible to connect to the engine settings and live data via standart BMW tools, for example DIS v. 44 or INPA?
They connect to M51s on BMW just fine, but I spent 3 weeks tuning the computer, making the ADS\K-DCAN adapter and redoing it again and still either DIS or INPA show the message "no ECU found". It's possible at all or I'm just wasting my time.
I need this tools specifically to set different idle (mine is ~900 now) and to correct fuel quantity slightly (rough setting was done by moving the top of the fuel injection pump). Also, if there is a different method (there should be, as someone has increased idle before), please, let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
You have got no chance. The communication protocol is different on a diesel p38 compared with a BMW car with the same engine. The electronics in the top of the FIP is also different.
You will need a Nanocom or a Faultmate from Blackbox systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have got no chance. The communication protocol is different on a diesel p38 compared with a BMW car with the same engine. The electronics in the top of the FIP is also different.
You will need a Nanocom or a Faultmate from Blackbox systems.
We, I'm not disputing your statement, but I think there still should be a way. Two days ago I was able to read my ECU ID through DIS, choosing e39 Saloon as a model. Then I've got a connection fault xD.
I know for sure thet it's my ECU ID, because yesterday I found a working T4 in my region and it showed the same thing. Funny though there is no such function as "set idle" or any other settings at all. It only shows real life data. So I have to continue to torture DIS, Nanocoms are too expensive nowadays.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Good luck then. Keep us all informed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts