Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed with the Coopers at very low speeds (10-15mph), and very tight turns, typically canyon hairpins and/or sharp parking lot turns, that the DSC kicks in! Assuringly, I am not traveling at breakneck speeds or anything close to loosing traction in these situtaions. Just wondering if you guys have experienced the same thing. I can only imagine that the doughnutty feel of the Coopers cause the computer to think the corner is too much and it has to slow things down :?:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,488 Posts
Hey Eric,

I had it happen a couple of times as well in the parking garages at work...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Yep, although I only notice it - rarely - on fairly tight freeway on and off ramps, at speeds around 20-40 mph. If it's done it at lower speeds in parking structures I must have missed it. After checking speed sensors, suspensions geometry and everything else down there, my independent shop concluded it must be the flex of the tires causing traction control to act up. Not coincidentally, I've found that this occurs a lot less when the tires are close to recommended inflation levels (38f, 42r), and when my first set of Coopers were starting to be worn pretty good - I have recently replaced them with a new set - DSC would kick in quite often. With the new shoes it has happened a couple of times, but it's very infrequent.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,488 Posts
umbertob said:
Yep, although I only notice it - rarely - on fairly tight freeway on and off ramps, at speeds around 20-40 mph. If it's done it at lower speeds in parking structures I must have missed it. After checking speed sensors, suspensions geometry and everything else down there, my independent shop concluded it must be the flex of the tires causing traction control to act up. Not coincidentally, I've found that this occurs a lot less when the tires are close to recommended inflation levels (38f, 42r), and when my first set of Coopers were starting to be worn pretty good - I have recently replaced them with a new set - DSC would kick in quite often. With the new shoes it has happened a couple of times, but it's very infrequent.
That's it Umberto! Thanks for reminding me - this happened at the end of life of my first set of Nitto's when I had almost 45k on them, they must have started to skip a bit around the turns. It hasn't happened yet since the new tires were installed a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. FYI mine were new, <3k, and ~42psi all around. I did notice some rubbing up front, but forgot to take pics. :evil: Possible they are flexing enough to rub when cornering too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts