RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update again.

Friend owns an auto body shop - and he had his Range Rover serviced at overlander. He paid $17,000 to them to fix it, and 1 year later it hadn't been fixed. He warned me to take my car out of there immediately - which I did.

I had my car towed out of their lot this morning after I got suspicious over the "transmission troubles". I'm taking it to someone I trust completely. I had a very bad feeling the people at overlander were trying to over-inflate the bill to make money - but replacing unneeded things.

Will update again soon.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
In MA once you get over 51% of the cars residual value you are in danger of having the insurance company total it. A 7 to 10K transmission job that the insurance company is going to pay will certainly get you above that number in an 09 RR, even without the headlight assemblies.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
In MA once you get over 51% of the cars residual value you are in danger of having the insurance company total it. A 7 to 10K transmission job that the insurance company is going to pay will certainly get you above that number in an 09 RR, even without the headlight assemblies.
If it exceeds 72% of the cars value the insurance company would likely total it. I actually just had another reputable shop, someone who I trust to find out what's really going on. Turns out the transmission is totally fine - the other shop was lying to inflate the bill. Very, very, untrustworthy. I'm glad I had it towed out of that chop shop.

Insane how they were willing to defraud the insurance company $10,000 to replace a transmission that was TOTALLY fine. Sickening. If anyone is reading this - avoid overlander in malden. They are nothing but a bunch of crooks. My car also had 100 more miles on it when I had it towed out. Looks like they also took my truck for a joy ride as well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts