RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What utter garbage!

It is a 2017, and everything is deteriorating! The leather on the steering wheel had a rough coating from being worn down, and it felt like a 2500HD truck driving down the road, squeaks and rattles all included.

Pretty bad for 60k miles.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I remember driving a 2015 Escalade when I was on a business trip in Chicago back in 2015 (when this new generation just came out). The vehicle felt huge and did look quite nice (albeit a little flashy) from the outside. The interior was pretty run-of-the-mill but I did find it fairly comfortable. Overall, the vehicle felt rather bloated in numerous aspects: interior design, exterior styling, and driving experience. It's big and it feels big. Everything about it is simply big.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,667 Posts
The cadillac Escalade came out in 1999 and premiered at the Seattle Auto show until only and lasted, they skipped 2001 because of the complete redesign and retooling for 2002-2006. Third generation was 2007-2014 with hybrid options and lastly fourth generation, 2015 to present. Several obscure options like the EXT "Ute" with factory roll bar and hard surface "bed cover"was based on the Chevrolet Avalanch. The

·
Registered
101 Posts
I test drove a brand new top-of-the-line Premium Luxury black Escalade recently; as much as I truly wanted to like, I did not. It is essentially a grossly overpriced Tahoe. I am a huge fan of the 6.2 liter L86 V8: Direct Injection, Continuous Variable Valve Timing (CVVT), and Active Fuel Management (AFM) cylinder deactivation. Driving it was another story, great torque super-low in the rev range, felt flat mid-range and top-end; I really expected more. I expected a stiffer, still "Cadillac" ride, though the ride just felt stiff.

Interior Trim is nice at first glance, then you notice rough edges of faux wood panels, gaps, etc. Seat comfort was not on par with my 2011 L322 at all; hoping this was in some part due to the seats being "new" and firm, but it really hurt my back. I was happy to get back into my Range Rover at Access Height. The Escalade uses retractable running boards. Overall impressions: loved the exterior but would prefer more black trim, less silver/chrome, underwhelmed by interior, disappointed in ride quality and suspension. I really want to get into a Cadillac worthy of the name, hopefully it can happen in coming model years?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,964 Posts
I own a 2015i escalade platinum bought new in 2015 and its trouble free. the luxury is not the fully apportioned model with plush seating. it is the platinum to go to. at 182k miles, I have no complaints. I love the V8 growl.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2011 Escalade Luxury with 110k on it and it rides no where near my 08 HSE L322 with 220k. Road noise is nice and quiet on both vehicles but driving on the Hwy or a around town I prefer the rover..

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a 2011 Escalade Luxury as well prior to my 12' RRSC I loved the thing! The magnetic ride control was a world of difference from our 2007 Escalade ESV we had without it. I loved both vehicles but having the Supercharged engine in the Rover is certainly noticeable on the highway passing etc. on road trips. We also had a 15' Escalade and it was great for us. I have always said it would be great to have both in the garage lol now if I could just convince my other half to agree to a new Escalade. I certainly preferred the Escalades maintenance compared to the Rover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
FujiRRSC
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing