RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to drop the petrol tank on a 4.6 p38 as the petrol pump has stopped working, I have tested from the inertia switch and it comes live when the ignition is on.

From what i understand you have to remove the filler neck then the 5 bolt securing the tank.

How long does it take to do?

·
Registered
214 Posts
From start to finish it took me around 3 hours to drop the tank replace the pump and new fuel lines and replace.
I removed the rear wheel and liner and the filler tube. Then i placed a jack under the tank to support it and undid the two straps holding the tank and also the two fuel lines were disconnected at the joints by the fuel filter. Then lowering the jack lowered the tank. You will probably find that the fuel lines where connected to the pump corrode and i had to replace mine as they wouldnt come apart without damage so if you do replace these make shure you also get the small olives.
Replacing is a reverse of the removal procedure.
Good luck
Mark

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Easy.
Just make sure your tank is empty, and the vehicle is high enough to extract it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You can access the fuel pump without dropping the tank by carefully cutting a portal in the floor behind the back seat. There are several posts on this with photographs. cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts