RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went offroading with a buddy here in SoCal yesterday. This is South Main Divide road off Ortega Highway. I brought along my DJI Inspire 1 drone and had it set to auto follow me as I went. I think the footage came out great, thought I'd share.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Cool video! Next time send out an invite to your SoCal buddies here `)

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's that an SVR? The front fascia looks like it, but it could be the view. Either way, nice ride and cool footage!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Nice Vid, but it does seem you are on a road? Thks for posting.
It is called a trail :) ... look closely at the RRS starting at 4:10 mark and notice the wheel articulation and chasis movement ... not a road!

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,480 Posts
It is called a trail :) ... look closely at the RRS starting at 4:10 mark and notice the wheel articulation and chasis movement ... not a road!
Almost a two track in parts. Good eye Ms. Mdx!

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Very nice! I live off Ortega Hwy, I'll have to check out that trail! Do you happen to have a map where the entrance to the trail is? I'm not familiar with the South Main Divide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
From that far up, It does look like a dirt road with some uneven parts. I think some folks think Moab or ourey where there are ruts and rocks with greater terrain when saying "trail."

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone it was fun. South main divide isn't very technical but it's fun and close to home. There's some very large wheel articulation in parts and you'd definetly need a good high clearance 4x4 to clear it, but it's no Moab.

Feel free to link away and of course I'd love to see other enthusiasts put there next time, I'll post in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for video. It was fun watching. Would you mind posting the GPS to the trail location? Its always fun to get off the paved road when you can.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for video. It was fun watching. Would you mind posting the GPS to the trail location? Its always fun to get off the paved road when you can.
sure here you go:

start here:
33.651007, -117.408715

end here:
33.571707, -117.327907

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's a good chance I'll be going up there tomorrow afternoon if anyone's interested

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Darn, wish I had seen this yesterday! Need to go out that way and could have made a day of it. You need to give a bit more warning :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts