RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone opted to go the Droid route? Any insight as to whether or not it plays nice with the RRS bluetooth module? I've got an '08.

My CrackBerry Storm has been having less than satisfactory performance after the recent VZW software upgrade (wholesale jvm crashes). Fun.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
It doesn't pair automatically with my 2006 - I have to enter the 2121 pairing code each time I get in the car, major PITA - but I have an ancient - and non-upgradeable, sadly - PTI module on my early build 2006. Land Rover has gone through several software versions of the original Nokia module that was installed on RRS/LR3 between MY06 and 08 - they switched to a new, Bluetooth-only Motorola (now Continental) module on 2009 and 2010s - so you have definitely better chances of successfully getting the Droid to pair automatically with your 08. Until Land Rover tests it, you just might have to take a chance, I'm afraid. FWIW, once it pairs it stays connected on my car. Reception and volume level are both excellent and the other party can hear me just fine. No more static "bang" when dialing a number, as my old BB Pearl used to do. :wink: Good luck, the Droid is a pretty cool phone and for us Verizon customers with iPhone envy it's almost as good for some things, and actually better for many others. Even though I have been a loyal BB owner for quite a few years, I like the Droid way better than the Storm2 and Tour I briefly tried before it. I think I will keep it, despite the pairing issue with my RRS.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, thanks for the update on the droid & RRS.

I'm kind of hesitant - I used to have major issues pairing my Palm Pre w/ the RRS. With my Storm1 it is no problem except that the phonebook appears lastname, Firstname (and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to reverse it..)

I finally did get to check out a Moto Droid phone at the VZW shop; doesn't look as cool as I thought it would (kind of large for a phone) but then again, I'm sure once you get to play with it for awhile you get used to it. Who knows.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts