RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just acquired a Jag at beginning of the year. Now my stable of cars is perfect Diesel Range Rover Sport and Jaguar F Type R. Still seems like a dream to me but finally got chance to have both! How awesome are these vehicles!
‘We have a similar JLR combo. Perfect really. I will be replacing them with another F-Type and RR Sport or full size when the time comes, probably in October.

To me, Cars are an emotional acquisition, not a sensible purchase, so I don’t even try to justify it.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts
I would not get an SVR. What I did is get a V8 Dynamic and slapped proper tires on it; namely BFG KO2 T/A. Man it is just perfect now. It goes pretty much anywhere!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Had a 2017 SVR. I didn't turn my radio on for a week, the exhaust sound is amazing.
Also the SVR holds a good resale value. Its really good all around truck. Went to track with it and ran 12.7 in the 1/4.
Brakes were great. i towed with it and it did so much better then last truck[caddy] .
Look at used ones and check the going prices, will help you with your decision. Have a 18 SVR getting built, cant wait to compare it to the 17.
Get the SVR.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don’t think it’s worth the increase in price at all.
But, Thomeefl69 is right. Don’t test drive it else you’ll want it.

It can be argued that nothing is really worth the price. But to each their own.

I went with an SVR cause I felt that the V8SC dynamic doesn’t get enough looks. The SVR gets a lot of looks cause of the sound and the colour (I got blue).

Some people don’t like people gawking at their cars, personally I do. Lol

OP have you test drove it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I test drove the 2016 they had. Honestly, it's not that big of a difference from my SC Dynamic, but sounds better and of course feels more nimble. But the 2018 is an even bigger upgrade so I'm even more tempted.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
‘We have a similar JLR combo. Perfect really. I will be replacing them with another F-Type and RR Sport or full size when the time comes, probably in October.

To me, Cars are an emotional acquisition, not a sensible purchase, so I don’t even try to justify it.

You make a good point here. I can have that same combo leased for what it would cost me to get the SVR. That is definitely something to think about.

·
Registered
134 Posts
“Sounds better and feels more nimble” sounds to me like enough difference to justify the upgrade to an SVR.

Have an ‘18 on order. It will be my third SVR. The Sport is a great vehicle. But the SVR is truly unique and rarified. JLR knows what they’re doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Buy the SVR! I have a 2015 SVR that I love to drive in any weather and anytime. I traded in a 2009 Porsche 911 4s and a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi Overland when I bought it. The SVR provides such a great driving experience that combines the benefits of a sports car but with the practicality of a SUV when needed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Get the SVR. I debated and debated, decided i couldn't justify the expense and got a loaded SCV8 Dynamic. I absolutely love the truck... have put the Velocity tune on it and it is an absolute beast now! Going to install the supercharger pulley tomorrow so I'm sure it will be insane. Every time I drive it it brings a smile to my face. Having said that, as much as I love I still sometimes wish I would have gone for the SVR. Whoever said it above is right, it's silly to try to justify the purchase of any of these vehicles- you buy it for enjoyment, so buy what is going to make you the happiest.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I too can attest that the SVR is a completely different animal after moving up to a 2015 SVR from a SCV8. I miss mine but hopefully the '18 E63S Wagon I've got coming in a couple weeks will help alleviate the pain of selling the SVR. Everyone has already mentioned the sound, which, in my opinion is still one of the best sounding in both quality, tone, attitude, and volume of any I've experienced...and I've owned a SLS, CLK Black Series, Audi R8 V10, etc.

The one thing I will add is that you might be paying more, but you're also buying a RRS that depreciates slower, which is to be expected since you own a car there are only 42 used examples of listed for sale as opposed to 400-500 SC/ATB

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Trez what did you end up doing?? Is the Tesla 3 enough to make you forget the SVR?? Lol
Couple of weeks ago I would have said NO. But. I have since had a loaner model 3 for a 24 hour period and I have to say it blew me away. Its one of the most fun cars I've driven. I can't wait to get mine. I still have the SVR order in cause the model 3 keeps getting delayed and even though I'm near the top of the list it might be several months before it comes. In the meantime, I'll go in when the SVR comes and let the car sell itself to me. One point against the car they have coming in is that it doesn't have the CF finishers (despite having the CF hood).

·
Registered
21 Posts
i say get the SVR! i own a gle63s and i will only by AMG trucks now, there is no comparison. i drove the scv8 and it was just ok, the sound of the SVR on start up is music...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Now I have a new dilemma,

2018 SVR for $130K
or
2016 SVR for $85k (with 38k miles and 100k warranty)

that's a $45k difference for 25HP and a better infotainment + less miles.

2017s are holding at above $105K so that's not as attractive

Anyone have any more facts I should consider that would push me one way or another?

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,208 Posts
How long will you keep the vehicle for? Agree that's a rather large price difference although there's the refresh, miles, and updates.

Almost seems like if you can find a new leftover 2017 SVR (do they exist?) that would be the sweet spot because you get the slightly updated infotainment and it bridges the gap.

As another data point, my dealer has a 2016 black SVR with almost 19,000 miles for $98,000. It's not certified though which is a little suspicious since it meets the age and mileage criteria.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trez63-

Get an SVR - any year will do. I have an ‘18 coming on the boat right now. Like most people in this thread I love driving have two 911’s - including a 911-50, so sound is very important to me. These babies won’t be sold in a few years - SVR all the way trez63!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Trez63-

Get an SVR - any year will do. I have an ‘18 coming on the boat right now. Like most people in this thread I love driving have two 911’s - including a 911-50, so sound is very important to me. These babies won’t be sold in a few years - SVR all the way trez63!
I hear you man. I'm very likely going to do it just to get it out of my system at this point.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,208 Posts
I’d go certified then if only two years. Then you can get the 2018 certified too!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts