RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

it still never ceases to amaze me that the members of this forum are able to assist with solutions, so here's a conundrum for you.

I have managed to get a pair of safari 5000 driving lights, but the rear swivel mounting brackets are missing from both. I've, tried to, attach an image of what I mean.

I have a bush bar and am getting the metal mounting bracket to mount them on, but how do I replace these, somewhat, essential bits.

I’d welcome suggestions

Dazzle me

[attachment=0:2994x3bj]Land_Range_Rover_Discovery_Defender_Safari_5000_Lamp_B.jpg[/attachment:2994x3bj]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Yep... you can buy some square steel tubing at the hardware store and massage it until it fits. If you can find the right size, all you'll need is a couple drill bits and a hacksaw.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ended up in the same exact situation as you! I will take a picture of what I made - it's far from perfect (or pretty) but it will hold them on there. Essentially just an L bracket is all you need. If the bracket is sturdy enough then it shouldn't sway side to side, and a U bracket will allow just as much front to back movement as an L shaped bracket. I am going to order these http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/STC8814G.cfm from atlantic british - lamp steady. Or just make some.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI All,

thanks for the quick response. I will classify these in the "get your finger out and do it yourself you lazy....." category.

I will try and have a go at the weekend. Do you think Aluminium would be OK. The lights are not that heavy

For the steady bars, I am working on that also. I thought some threaded Rod tapped directly into the light itself

Thanks again...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Funny you should mention the spotlight shake.

I thought i would have this so bought a set of steadies for the lamps.

In the end i tried without and get no shake at all.

Not sure if it's because i had the nudge bar brakets over engineered when they were fabricated instead of the stock brackets or the rig is too smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts