RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, probably one of those stupid questions but here goes nothing.

Next week I'm in France for work reasons, we're going via the Channel Tunnel with the company car. (sadly no RR road trip) I know I'm going to need my passport, obviously. However my question is this, will I also need my driving licence?

We're due to head out on Monday morning and my licence is currently in the post or still in the hands of the DVLA, from past experience I know the DVLA can take their sweet time when it comes to posting things back so I'm thinking theres a good chance I won't have it back by Monday.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
The French polis don't like radar detectors (they confiscate and destroy them), they issue on the spot fines for motoring offences (no cash and you're they will put you in the slammer) and they have lower speed limits for wet roads.
I believe(though I don't know) it is a legal requirement to have your license on your person whilst driving.

Personally I'd be very wary of getting pulled in France with no papers, but then again the odds of being pulled are low.
Unless you do something silly.

Can you let someone else do the driving?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim (Scotland) said:
Can you let someone else do the driving?
Possible, but I hate passing up the chance to drive somthing new. :mrgreen:

Thanks Tim, I'll keep all that in mind.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Yes you have to have your licence with you whilst driving.
If you can't produce it you get fined.
Also make sure the vehicle you are travelling in has Hi-Viz vests,
warning triangle, and spare bulbs. These are also a requirement.
A first aid kit may also be, not sure.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Besides your driving licence you also need your insurance documents and either the V5 or a letter from lease/hire company giving permission to the car take to France. A GB sticker on rear of car and also don't forget to do what's needed to alter headlight beam.
Have a good trip :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts