RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a ridiculous question, but my parents are coming in from NY on Friday and we're going to Ensenada from SoCal next week. I was contemplating taking my 2015 RRS down as I hear it's a beautiful drive and want to be comfortable obviously. Not sure if any of you have taken your trucks into Mexico, but was curious if anyone has heard of any issues, or suggest not taking it at all to avoid attracting too much attention. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have taken our BMW X5 from BC right to Cabo San Lucas twice. Love the drive, zero issues both times.
The only areas that I would tend to be careful in are the border towns/areas.
The only thing that drew attention was our studded winter tires, LOL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You probably know this, but your US auto policy likely doesn't cover across border travel. You might want to purchase a policy that does.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This may be a ridiculous question, but my parents are coming in from NY on Friday and we're going to Ensenada from SoCal next week. I was contemplating taking my 2015 RRS down as I hear it's a beautiful drive and want to be comfortable obviously. Not sure if any of you have taken your trucks into Mexico, but was curious if anyone has heard of any issues, or suggest not taking it at all to avoid attracting too much attention. Thanks!
Hey!! So excited for you! I drove my 2019 RRS from Vancouver Canada all the way down to Monterrey Mexico (video of it is on my Youtube channel), 2 hours south of McAllen TX.
We live in MTY so I have been down here with it since May 2019. Definitely you stand out a bit more in certain areas and you should abide by the same rules that everyone in Mexico should, DON'T TRAVEL AT NIGHT ON THE HIGHWAYS. The area you are going to is relatively safe, so as long as you stick to toll roads and day time travel only you should be okay.
Remember Mexico does get a bad rep, and it's deserving of it but they also have lots of good honest people who have money and some really nice toys. When I go to car meets here, there are still Ferraris and Lamborghinis that come out and I'll say after talking to some of these people, they do take some pretty insane precautions to be safe with their cars in the city.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wouldn't drive my Rover to Mexico... Too much attention you'll draw from both sides of the law in my opinion. Enough people stare in Atlanta for me but YMMV... What I don't like about going into Mexico is they don't like you to take any firearms or honor you CCW license from here in the states. At least they didn't the last we were in Cabo San Lucas. We got pulled over coming back from riding 4 wheelers in the desert along the sea cliffs. Our driver had to duke the cops American bills before they would let us go. It was a no infraction situation... Just Gringo's that look like they might throw them a $100 to not be hassled... and that is exactly what happened. We haven't been back since. Be careful and always trust your gut feelings!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts