Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Range Rover
The window has been intermittent for a month or so now. Every time I took the door panel off before to have a look it started to work again. Shook a few wires and could never get it to fail again . . . till now. It has failed in the down position. I know everything seems to run through the door latch and there has been no other issues with the latch, maybe the issue though?? Can someone tell me what wire to the window control is the power? Is there a way to bypass the power to power up the window if the regulator is not getting power??

Thanks for your help.

David

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,981 Posts
Door latches have nothing to do with window motors other than they are both in the door. Going to the actual window motor are a number of wires. If you put power and ground on the Grey/Green and Grey/White the motor turns on way, reverse the power and it turns the other way. That will at least allow you to close the window.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Door latches have nothing to do with window motors other than they are both in the door. Going to the actual window motor are a number of wires. If you put power and ground on the Grey/Green and Grey/White the motor turns on way, reverse the power and it turns the other way. That will at least allow you to close the window.
Thank you for your time Richard,

Looks like my regulator motor went bad. Easy enough.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts