RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any else have my random problem? WHEN I HIT THE AUTO-UP IT SOMETIMES GOES UP THEN BACK DOWN ABOUT HALFWAY BY ITSELF. and sometimes my rear right passenger window won't work at all but then i'll wait a few minutes and magically it'll work. WTF? am i looking at a short here?
ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS GIVE ME THE HEEBIE GEEBIES! :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
There is a sensor that detects if there is an object in the way of the window when going up. If you're going over any bumps or off roading sometimes it gets triggered and the window will back down and stop If using the auto-up. I've never noticed if this works with the rear windows and holding the swtich though.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Too many layers of dark window tint? `)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh snap! you may be right!!! only one layer though ;) i wonder if the unseen part is curled up and hitting the sensor sometimes. oh well, i'm gonna go fishing for it. since it only occurs randomly and sparingly i guess i'll just live with it! Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
There is no sensor that detects any form of contact. The system uses a "Hall Effect" sensor, built into the motor that detects speed changes in window travel. Anything that slows the motor down will reverse the travel. ibis1 :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts