RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have there been any recalls about wind noise coming from the drivers side door, I have a right hand drive 4.6HSE and get quite a bit of wind noise from my door but only when there is a cross wind blowing from the left to the right

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
:lol: It's a 14 year old car man. The rubber gaskets start to shrink after awhile. Just replace them and you should be good to go.

But to answer your question, I haven't heard of one... but someone with a full list would be able to answer you better.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rubber seems to still feel fine and it only happens when the wind is blowing from the passengers side. Any good sources for the seal?

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
hi i think this maybe age related, as in the door/window frame over time and with lots of slaming doors creeps/bows slightly - this combined with the low pressure that would develop over the drivers side if wind were blowing from left to right is enough to open enough of a gap to create or let in the noise, this is just my idea as i had similar experience and i adjusted the door catch, this pulled the door in much tighter preventing the problem happening again

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a look at the locking mechanism and the hindges but couldnt work out how to "tighten" up or adjust the door gap

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
adjust the silver coloured catch on the door frame, it can be tricky and frustrating to get it right, make a note of its position before you start and only try and move it in- in small increments.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just curious if this fix worked for you? I have a 2002 RR and experiencing lots of wind noise as well and i chalked it up to being an older car and just the nature of these vehicles. If it worked please let me know and i'll try it myself! Also, please excuse my ignorance as i am not too mechanically gifted, but what type of screwdriver or tool is used to adjust that?

Thx!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
mine howls like a haunted mansion in a cross-wind, either side.. my door seals are on the way out, almost time for new ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW, 80% of wind noise gone! `8) Literally took me 5 minutes to adjust the catch and the doors are tight! I still hear the wind outside at 80 mph but its not howling through the car! Really improved the ride quality. Problem is now i can hear all the little squeeks and rattles, etc.....! :lol: Now if i can do the same for my Classic?? I guess i'll post on the Classic side for the cure.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
133 Posts
maibe you guys wanna check this..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts