RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I engage the switch to raise my headrest I can hear a clunk, clunk, clunk, noise coming from inside the seat back but headrest no go up or down, anyone have this happen? Any ideas? :think:

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Usually means one of my neighbour kids has been playing with the seat again! :lol: Recline the seat and give the headrest a quick yank upwards to disengage from the mechanism. Remove headrest from seat. Renstall my sliding back in and giving a gentle push down until it pops into the runners again. If it now fails to work your drive gear may have been stripped.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it's the wife who plays with it. Every time she goes to the corner store she resets the head rest and the other day when it stopped working it was while she was driving it. When she got home and came in the door she looked like she had just ran over my dog, she felt so guilty I don,t think she'll be readjusting it anymore. :lol: :thumb:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
The cable within is common to go, if so a big nasty akward job to replace

·
Registered
468 Posts
big-t said:
Thanks, it's the wife who plays with it. Every time she goes to the corner store she resets the head rest and the other day when it stopped working it was while she was driving it. When she got home and came in the door she looked like she had just ran over my dog, she felt so guilty ...
I hope you gave her a **** good slap

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Obviously you're joking, RIGHT? Never have hit a woman, never will! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Same symptoms with my height adjustment. Anyone scrapped his seat to repair that kind of thing?

·
Registered
865 Posts
996TURBO said:
Same symptoms with my height adjustment. Anyone scrapped his seat to repair that kind of thing?
Ive striped down one of these seats, its a right bugger

·
Registered
148 Posts
big-t said:
Obviously you're joking, RIGHT? Never have hit a woman, never will! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I've never hit a woman, I don't dare to. Women are sneaky and I have to sleep sometime...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm so relieved to see that most of you realized I was joking. I actually bought the truck FOR her so she would be safe on the winter roads around here, they get really dangerous in winter, not to mention the drivers around here. Besides being a power engineer I also have a class one drivers license and have driven all over North America and I have rarely seen worse drivers than we have around here. Anyways, Just got up, gonna pour a pot of coffee in me and go out and try pulling my headrest up to see if I can reset it, thanks for the tip rrtoadhall. :roll:

·
Registered
31 Posts
rogan said:
big-t said:
Thanks, it's the wife who plays with it. Every time she goes to the corner store she resets the head rest and the other day when it stopped working it was while she was driving it. When she got home and came in the door she looked like she had just ran over my dog, she felt so guilty ...
I hope you gave her a **** good slap
Maybe that was really meant to say a "**** good reassuring pat on the back telling her she won't have to sleep on the couch, but a Fosters would sure be nice...Honey!" :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts