RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone advise on how to tighten the driver's seat armrest ?

On my P38 the armrest is starting to move sideways as well as up and down ! The passenger side is fine, nice and secure, but the driver's seat is starting to go wobbly at the "hinge" end.

Can I remove the trim cover from the armrest, where I think that it may be bolted to the seat back, and if so how do I go about removing it ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Pierre3.

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
218 Posts
The cover just pulls straight off, then tighten the bolt under the cover, mine have come loose on both cars, the 96 and 2000. Once tightened they have been fine. Although the 96 has moved on to another home. The 2000 been parked for last 7-8 months....need it to go away.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rover4.0, thanks for your reply. I wondered if that might be the case, I just hope that the arm will pull back in line with the seat when I tighten up the bolt, and it hasn't twisted the fixing in the seat back.

When I get it checked out then I will post a reply.

Many thanks, Pierre3.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 1998 HSE has the same issue, however it appears the plastic molding is cracked. I believe a large diameter washer, with a slot cut into the middle to clear the pin would work to compress the spreading caused by the cracking. If I get a few at the weekend I'll take a photo

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the advice. I need to take off the cover and check to see whether I have a similar problem. Fortunately, I have a big box of stainless steel washers which were for large industrial machines, so there will be one there somewhere which will do the job.

Pierre3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts