RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the key in the lock and turn either way it does nothing.Car locks fine with the remote , has any body pulled the drivers door latch out? as I think is where the problems is.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
i had this problem - there is a little pin on the inside of the key lock that connects to the door unlock/lock module - for mine that pin was not correctly inserted into the lock/unlock module. If you take the door panel off it's easy to fix and see.

JH

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my rear driver side door... I recently took the door panel off and most not have put all the electrical harnesses back on properly. If I need to to open the door, I have to reach through the front door, around the seat, and open it from inside. What is odd though is that it will lock from the remote but will only unlock from the inside via pulling the handle.

I'm going to pull the door panel tomorrow and dig around, I will post my findings.

-Mike

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed by relocating rod connecting key barrel to the door latch, but take note to disconnect all electrical plugs from door trim carefully as I snapped the 2 pin plug going to the inside door handle which stops that door from locking or unlocking with the remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts