RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just a question for those with soft close door option.
Is the driver's door not included on the soft close door feature?
Mine is a 2015 FFRR supercharged limited, all doors soft close except driver's door.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
28 Posts
The 2015 FFRR SC ships with the front driver door soft close disabled. Apparently, sometimes the doors where getting stuck locked while in transit due to battery drain, or something along those lines, according to my dealer. I had the same issue when I picked mine up (I had the first 2015 from my dealer and they had to call LR to figure out why just the drivers door soft close didn't work). They popped out the spare tire in the rear and there is a wire that just needs to be connected. It was a 2 minute fix. After that, the soft close worked perfectly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks LR_BW for the quick response. I'm calling my dealer to inquire about this. Owners manual does not mention anything about soft close door setting or deactivation, so I suppose this is a malfunction.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx Marty, did not see your reply before I posted mine. Yeah, It makes sense to me now, however, dealer should reactivate it before delivery. I'll go to dealer tomorrow so they can fix it.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
28 Posts
Yeah, they should have. I found out the hard way too. Luckily, I caught the issue before I left the dealer. It's a quick fix. Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 2015 FFRR SC ships with the front driver door soft close disabled. Apparently, sometimes the doors where getting stuck locked while in transit due to battery drain, or something along those lines, according to my dealer. I had the same issue when I picked mine up (I had the first 2015 from my dealer and they had to call LR to figure out why just the drivers door soft close didn't work). They popped out the spare tire in the rear and there is a wire that just needs to be connected. It was a 2 minute fix. After that, the soft close worked perfectly. Hope this helps.
Now, if I can only find that wire and just re-connect it myself, it would save me a trip to the dealer. I'll try to do it tonight, hopefully its labelled-it would make the task easy. I called the dealer my sales guy is out, the person I spoke with seemed to have no idea about this issue.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Same happened to me at the dealer. The sales guy said they needed to update the software. They fixed it in about 10 mins.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
13 Posts
Just so others with same issue if u open rear hatch raise spare tire cover up. Right where lower tail gate and body meet inside the car pull Capet back and there is the connector one wire plug it in and it's fixed. If car is in dpi mode and keys are left In car and door shuts it will lock car up and unable to get in car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just so others with same issue if u open rear hatch raise spare tire cover up. Right where lower tail gate and body meet inside the car pull Capet back and there is the connector one wire plug it in and it's fixed. If car is in dpi mode and keys are left In car and door shuts it will lock car up and unable to get in car.
Thanks for the tip but, for whatever reason, I still can't find where to plug the wire. I actually had the cargo area torn apart to install the cargo rails. I would guess it would be near the hydraulic lines (#5 below) that soft close the doors but I did not see any plugs.

I have include a photo and was hoping you could tell me which number is nearest the location. Thanks.

larger photo: http://tinyurl.com/o9hcm2w

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
At the very bottom edge of your picture in the center where the black fabric meets the plastic. He fabric slides out from under the plastic and u can slide your hand down there and plug it in. You can pull it back far enough with out removing anything or the spare tire.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At the very bottom edge of your picture in the center where the black fabric meets the plastic. He fabric slides out from under the plastic and u can slide your hand down there and plug it in. You can pull it back far enough with out removing anything or the spare tire.
Well, thanks for the help but I guess I still need more... I removed the plastic/carpet flap and pulled the carpet liner back and I swear there is not anywhere to plug anything in. Does anything in the photos look familiar and is this the plug? Thanks again.

Larger image: http://tinyurl.com/laxuk23

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Alright, big red herring was causing me problems. As White98z mentioned, just pull back the carpet and connect the disconnected plug. Photos are attached. The plug you want is in the yellow circle. I removed the tape on the plug.

Ignore the plug with the red "x" that was driving me crazy; I still have no idea what that plug is for. Thanks White98z!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello everyone, just a question for those with soft close door option.
Is the driver's door not included on the soft close door feature?
Mine is a 2015 FFRR supercharged limited, all doors soft close except driver's door.
Same thing happened to me on my 2015. I took mine to the dealer and the smart alec service guy hooked it up to the computer and said that the computer "told" him it was a door latch issue. I was told they would order it. 2 months later and a lot of excuses I am really happy to be on this forum to get the right answer. I can't wait to go by the dealership this week. I really don't like my dealership!!!!! I'm glad some of you have better experiences.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bad thing is there is a tsb or a SSm on it telling you that it needs to be done on 2015 model year cars. When pdi is being performed.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
11 Posts
Having same problem with passenger side rear door. Am now having door hinge replaced to try and solve problem. Already had mechanism replaced which did not solve problem. At the moment door is complete out of alignment with coach lines all over the place. A real mishmash!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to Range Rover and to this forum. I picked up my 2015 SVR and noticed the driver door soft close was not working. My thanks to white98z and sparkhill for the information and pictures. Two minutes searching, connecting the wires and presto....soft close works perfectly. I am going to notify the dealer they failed the PDI. I get the feeling this forum is going to be an important part of my RR ownership experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So guys,
I picked my new RRS Autobiography up this week. Noticed today that NONE of the doors were soft closing. Was about to take back to the dealership when I saw this thread. Followed the instructions and now all is fine - thank you.
The connector was slightly to the left hand side on mine and I only identified it because it was held down with different tape to the other tape holding the rest of the wires in the loom.
Anyway. Connected it and now all doors soft closing as they should. Agree dealer PDI should have picked up but you all saved me a trip.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi folks
i own a 2015 rrs hse dyn with soft close option ticked but none of the doors actually are soft closing. followed the detailed description - thanks for that! - but still all the doors won't soft close... any idea? after connecting the plug i locked/unlocked and started/stopped the vehicle but nothing helped. is there a menu option somewhere i have to check or...?
thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 22 Posts