RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Window goes up and down perfectly with the button on my 1996 range 4.0 but when the window gets to the top of the frame it doesn't stop automatically as it should. It will continue to try to raise the window higher until you let go of the button and it makes a loud clank clank clank noise at the top. Do I just replace the entire regulator or is there an easier or less expensive fix?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,
i have the same problem, the regulator is knackard, if you take the door card off you will probally find that the aluminium plate of the regulator has split somewhere.
ive got a replacement one and just need to fit it.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
Just be aware though that the regulators aren't bolted to the door they are held in place with rivets. No biggie really unless you have gone to the effort of pulling everything apart to replace it and discovered you don't own a rivet gun. :oops:

Not that I did, because I did some research on it first.. Honest I did. :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks. Other than that is it a straight forward install that I can do myself? I was concerned about ordering the wrong part. The dealership wanted close to $600 for it and I see regulators online for $200-300.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$600 installed that is...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Schpeen said:
Ok thanks. Other than that is it a straight forward install that I can do myself? I was concerned about ordering the wrong part. The dealership wanted close to $600 for it and I see regulators online for $200-300.
Search the forum. I had a thread about this. Your best bet is to contact rovahfarm.

N.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi,
got a second hand regulator from e-bay for £30, swopped it over yesterday and works perfect. i replaced teh rivets withbolts and nuts and they hold the part on fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already ordered from rovahfarm along with a few other items. If you were closer...

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
****!!!!!
Mine started doing it today. Can get a new one for around £30, should it come with motor attached?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts