RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to replace the high pressure hose that connects to the power steering box on my 1994 LWB (formerly with air suspension). I need to remove the shock and shock tower in order to make room but it appears the shock tower bolts are also what holds on the power steering box. Am I seeing this correctly and if so, do I need to watch out for anything in particular when removing them?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Driver side shock tower bolts hold power steening box on LWB

Job done and the shock tower did not need to be removed. For anyone else needing to do this, once the alternator heat shield and the air filter mounting bracket are removed there's adequate room to get to the fittings on the steering box. Give yourself a couple of hours for the job though because you need to perform a thorough cleaning job around the fittings to keep the gunk from falling back into the opening and make sure you have a catch basin under the car because you're going to loose a bunch of power steering fluid. You'll need to remove the fitting from the reservoir first in order to get to the other fittings. Tie up the reservoir tube fitting end higher than the reservoir to keep the fluid in the reservoir from flowing out. The rest is pretty self explanatory. A pretty simple DIY job, just really messy.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Re: Driver side shock tower bolts hold power steening box on LWB

Thanks for the post. Sure it will come in handy for someone.

Good to have another mtnbkr on here anyway :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts