RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, few days ago noticed drivers side floor carpet is soaking wet.
Disassembled everything there and trying to dry it up. Cleaned front sunroof drains, replaced L side connector. Water is still coming. I am looking under the dash and do not see and wet residue, it is dry under A-pillar, looks dry everywhere and water appears out of nowhere. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated. Pooring few bottles of water in to sunroof drip pan did not produce any water inside so it is likely out of some other source.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Haven't dealt with this before but you might want to check for water pooling under your windshield wiper cowling.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks. The biggest challenge was, that I have spent quite a bit of time looking all over that area and could not not locate the traces of water, no white stains nor anything wet higher then floor itself. The wall where pedals are is dry and kick panel side - a little area on the left is dry as well, wires are dry, few modules mounted there were dry. I think I found the problem today - hopefully. Picture attached - A pillar, once I have pulled off the door seal, water pretty much squirted trough that little opening. There goes my answer as to why I could not trace the leak anywhere. Water was coming down VIA inner portion of the door seal, sort of wicking down and collecting on the floor area.
I am thinking it seeps trough A-Pillar cover clips. Have ordered those clips and sealed the cover with electrical tape, hopefully it will hold the day or two. 20190512_154058.jpg 20190512_122147.jpg 20190511_181518.jpg

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
I'm through this as I type. My dashboard had been ruined too as the heat has shrunk it to death.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
144 Posts
Either side of the console at the floor you have two drain tubes. They are clogged and full of water. Clean them out and your carpet will be dry again.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sir, thanks for your input. As I mentioned already, I have resolved the issue. Water was not coming from the drain tubes. I was the first thing we checked. Water was getting in from the clip holes from under A-Pillar cover, trough the opening in the pic, wicked down VIA inner side of a door seal and collected down on the floor. Once we had removed the cover, installed new clips with some additional silicone around the openings - issue was resolved.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
144 Posts
Cool. Around here it always seems to be the tubes. ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
20190525_113423.jpg 20190525_113427.jpg 20190525_152526.jpg 20190525_161958.jpg Just wanted to throw an update... Did the Passenger's side as preventative. Removed the cover, cleaned everything, did some touch-ups as whoever opened this before put few scratches trying to pry the clips out.
I have closed top opening completely with gasketmaker as pin that should fit there is broken, also added some gasket maker around every other hole to ensure good seal. New clips and weatherstrip as shown. Should last a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts