RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Vogue TD6.
I had a weekend loan of a Vogue 4.4 which sold me on the car.
I seem to remember the driver seat memory re-call being a single push of one of the 1,2,3 buttons.
On my new car you have to push and hold the button down until you stop seeing/hearing things moving.
Doesn't seem right and salesman is slow in following up on this.

Doesn't seem right also since the car, supposedly, will re-adjust seat et al on opening the car with the other key.

Finally I just can't seem to get comfortable in this seat.
The loaner I had, had exactly the same Vogue seat and was a dream to sit in, the one in my new car is giving me back problems.
I am constantly fiddling with the seat controls trying to get comfortable.

George

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
87 Posts
This may be a key type memory issue that can be reprogrammed by the dealer BUT FIRST CHECK THIS:

With the drivers door open the single push operation of the memory buttons should only work with the ignition off......and

when the drivers door is closed the single push operation should only work with the ignition turned on......

Why???? - I don't know either! :lol:

Andy.

G

·
0 Posts
It's a safety thing. If you open the door do not sit in seat and do not put key in ignition, then you can push the button only once for seat memory.

But if you start car/sit in seat you must keep it pushed down until it's in the right place.

The idea is that if you are in the seat, you can just release the button if you get caught in the seat mechanism.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts