RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

Just realized that the driver seat and side mirrors do not move at all, not sure how long this has been going on for since im the only one who drives my car and never had to move anything till now. the passenger seat is fine so i figured its just a loose cable. anyways, i really dont want to go to the stealer because theyre just pain in the ass to deal with and im about to pass the 50k mile marker wish would end my warranty, so my question is does anyone have an idea what might be wrong and what i could do to try to fix this? would really appreciate the help, need to move some stuff to my apartment but i cant put down the rear seats!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Check and see if you blew a fuse first.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
If neither side mirrors nor the driver seat operate, almost certainly there is a problem with the memory seat control module (located under the driver seat cushion, towards the front of the cushion above the navigation DVD drive.) As mentioned above, check the relevant fuse first - there is one specific for the memory seat module, see the manual - and if the fuse is good check if there are any connectors to the memory module under the driver seat that may have been knocked off their socket. If there are no obvious signs that something is loose, I'm afraid it's a trip to the stealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had this same thing happen on my 2006 SC. I checked the fuses and couldn't find anything blown. Took it to the dealer and it was a blown fuses fixed for free. I still can't figure out which fuse since I checked about 3 that qualified based on the manuals description. Umberto do you know the fuse block number?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot guys, im going to check everything you recommend and see if anything comes up, will keep you posted

·
Registered
225 Posts
Please share if you found the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Original poster may not have come back but
I did,, the fuses listed by umbertob did the trick thanks

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
225 Posts
This happened to mine month ago. All fuses were ok. I have extended warranty so took it to dealer. Ended up being a open circuit in the Central Junction Box behind the glovebox. Cost was about $1000 but lucky me warranty covered all of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
fuse 30 amp for the seat and steering wheel keep on blowing

i have a 2005 range rover hse and it keeps pon blowing fuse 30amp and now i have no movement on the steering wheel

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Re: fuse 30 amp for the seat and steering wheel keep on blow

Hello all,

I know this is an older thread so finger crossed.... also, I have a 2012 full size so hopefully the same applies...

Wife said today the drivers seat and drivers side window control module (fr & rear windows and mirrors) became inoperable. Passenger seat and window both operate from passenger side controls. Rear windows do not operate from rear door controls (or front driver). Mirrors do fold in when vehicle is turned off.

I 1st checked the fuse (#40, 5A in glovebox) and it was blown. When I replaced and it immediately blew. All other functions contained within that fuse box seem to operate as normal.

I saw posts related to the 06-09 MYs which indicated a potential splice problem within a wire loom on the passenger side due to water collection; doesn't seem to apply to the 10-12MYs.

Also read about the control module under the seat but if that was bad it would mean my passenger seat doesn't operate -- right? I say this because my passenger seat does operate.

I have the GAP Diagnostic Tool and the following ECU errors were recorded today (see attached).

Any suggestions as to what is causing the fuse to blow?

ECU Errors.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts