RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been asked before but I could not find an answer after going through a lot of posts. Just a couple of questions around the Driver Pro package:

1. Lane Departure Warning: It works as the manual says except there is no audible alert. I see the colors changing but I need to keep looking at it. No point of this tech if I fall asleep at the wheel :( I have gone through the settings but don't any any option to change settings.

2. My used RRS didn't have the Driver Pro package installed that adds the Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keep Assist. Is this an update that I can still get? I mean the cameras are there and the monitoring works so I am guessing it would be a software thingy that adds vibration to the steering wheel and slightly nudge it. Spoke to the dealer but they don't know.

Please bear with my noob questions. Still figuring out the complicated/inconsistent technology in the truck. Hehe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I researched whether I could add adaptive cruise to a 2017 HSE RRS. The answer from multiple places was no. It's a factory only option. I expect lane departure is the same.

Now, that seems to be odd because the buttons are all there, and the cameras are as well, so all it would take is a software change. It might be possible after market, but it was clearly not something LR was willing to do for me.

After I learned that, I limited my search to RRS HSE cars with the driver pro pack.

Sorry.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the adaptive cruise feature. I'll likely never use it because I really don't trust adaptive anything... but then again I'm a slight bit skeptical, a smidge bit paranoid, and am a control freak. So I've never used it. I do love the Blind-Spot Monitoring and approaching vehicle warnings in the side mirrors as its flashing alerts to me are eye catching peripherally and gives a true heads up as to what is happening around you. I was able to make a couple evasive maneuvers to avoid at least 1 accident so far with an idiot that doesn't possess enough brain power to talk on a phone and steer a vehicle concomitantly! Dumb-asses that are that dammed stupid and lazy need to take Uber everywhere it goes!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the adaptive cruise feature. I'll likely never use it because I really don't trust adaptive anything... but then again I'm a slight bit skeptical, a smidge bit paranoid, and am a control freak. So I've never used it. I do love the Blind-Spot Monitoring and approaching vehicle warnings in the side mirrors as its flashing alerts to me are eye catching peripherally and gives a true heads up as to what is happening around you. I was able to make a couple evasive maneuvers to avoid at least 1 accident so far with an idiot that doesn't possess enough brain power to talk on a phone and steer a vehicle concomitantly! Dumb-asses that are that dammed stupid and lazy need to take Uber everywhere it goes!
I use ACC, but only in lighter traffic conditions. It's still quite bad at slowing down at an even pace when traffic begins to slow down heavily, so you end up coming up on a slow vehicle very quickly then it abruptly hits the brakes and 50% of the time it says "Driver Intervene" and makes noise at me.

For cruising on highways where you might come up on traffic going only 5-10mph slower than you it's great and relaxing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use ACC, but only in lighter traffic conditions. It's still quite bad at slowing down at an even pace when traffic begins to slow down heavily, so you end up coming up on a slow vehicle very quickly then it abruptly hits the brakes and 50% of the time it says "Driver Intervene" and makes noise at me.

For cruising on highways where you might come up on traffic going only 5-10mph slower than you it's great and relaxing.
+1 to this. I use it daily on both ways of my commute. I totally agree with the slowing down late, I find myself using the breaks to slow when I see traffic ahead at a stop, its a little uneasy coming up on cars at 70mph and it seems like it waits till the last second and hits the breaks pretty hard.
Like noted above, when its just normal traffic/speeds and coming up on slower drivers, its great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I researched whether I could add adaptive cruise to a 2017 HSE RRS. The answer from multiple places was no. It's a factory only option. I expect lane departure is the same.

Now, that seems to be odd because the buttons are all there, and the cameras are as well, so all it would take is a software change. It might be possible after market, but it was clearly not something LR was willing to do for me.

After I learned that, I limited my search to RRS HSE cars with the driver pro pack.

Sorry.
I am doing the retrofit for the ACC right now. Just waiting for the final part to arrive. Its pretty straight forward and has been done by many in UK.
All of the options are retrofit-able as most of the infrastructure is in place and there are a few software options out to change the CCF in the ECU so the vehicle sees the options are installed. I am using the GAP diagnostic IID tool.

Not a fan of LDW. I have it and leave it off because it just shakes the steering wheel when you drift towards the line.

·
Registered
57 Posts
+1 to this. I use it daily on both ways of my commute. I totally agree with the slowing down late, I find myself using the breaks to slow when I see traffic ahead at a stop, its a little uneasy coming up on cars at 70mph and it seems like it waits till the last second and hits the breaks pretty hard.
Like noted above, when its just normal traffic/speeds and coming up on slower drivers, its great.
Yeah, those situations are unnerving. I like using it in stop-and-go traffic since a) it helps take some of the annoyance out of that type of driving b) the speeds are low so you dont run into those high closing speed situations.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am doing the retrofit for the ACC right now. Just waiting for the final part to arrive. Its pretty straight forward and has been done by many in UK.
All of the options are retrofit-able as most of the infrastructure is in place and there are a few software options out to change the CCF in the ECU so the vehicle sees the options are installed. I am using the GAP diagnostic IID tool.

Not a fan of LDW. I have it and leave it off because it just shakes the steering wheel when you drift towards the line.
Very cool. Wasn't aware of the IID tool until now. Unfortunately it looks like it doesnt support CCF editing on 2017+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts