RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, went to test drive my first rr tonight... Looked over the truck, was really liking everything, then went to get in... Not happening.. No room between seat and steering wheel? I'm a big guy but not THAT big?? 6'4"..we tried to adjust everything for awhile to see If there was a magic setting.. No luck. My q is this... Does the disco have more leg room? Or has anyone ran in to this and resolved it with seat frame modification?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
931 Posts
Well I am 6ft2 and ther is plenty of room between seat and steering wheel.ther is plenty of adjustment for the seat and steering wheel,you should be able to find a comfortable position. :thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
My son was 6'4" and had no trouble with mine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
blackgold said:
Ok, went to test drive my first rr tonight... Looked over the truck, was really liking everything, then went to get in... Not happening.. No room between seat and steering wheel? I'm a big guy but not THAT big?? 6'4"..we tried to adjust everything for awhile to see If there was a magic setting.. No luck. My q is this... Does the disco have more leg room? Or has anyone ran in to this and resolved it with seat frame modification?

Thanks,
Brian
Hi there i am 6''4 also,wht i did 2 feel comfy was pulling the steering wheel upward and toward me.lowering the seat 2 the floor,then tilting it all backward,then pushing the seat back backward.now my suffering seat rocks upon braking and accelerating hahahahaha.and when my hair starts touching the headliner i know tht i need a hair cut.hahahaha.lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hrmm the steering wheel was the most akward part... Instead of tilting from the firewall, it seems to tilt from the edge of the dash so it just gets an akward angle to it. Sounds like the steering wheel pushes in and out as well as up and down? I don't think he knew that. I may shoot him an email to see how far towards the dash it will retreat. I was concerned when I realized he drove it with the seat almost all the way back when he was a pretty small guy.
I may try again..
Brian
Thanks fortheprompt replies..

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
I'm 6'4" I have the seat all the way back and the seat base lowered, steering wheel all the way up (I don't think mine goes in and out) and the back of the seat tilted back until my head doesn't touch the roof. good for cruising, nice and comfy.. :thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,425 Posts
Shadow Keeper said:
steering wheel all the way up (I don't think mine goes in and out)
It does. I pull mine out when I need to access the screws holding some panels in place.

·
Registered
78 Posts
blackgold said:
Hrmm the steering wheel was the most akward part... Instead of tilting from the firewall, it seems to tilt from the edge of the dash so it just gets an akward angle to it. Sounds like the steering wheel pushes in and out as well as up and down? I don't think he knew that. I may shoot him an email to see how far towards the dash it will retreat. I was concerned when I realized he drove it with the seat almost all the way back when he was a pretty small guy.
I may try again..
Brian
Thanks fortheprompt replies..
on the left side under the steering wheel (lhd) there is a handle emerging under the signals handles.push it to the left toward the steering whell,then pull it outward while holding the steering wheel with ur 2 hands,the steering wheel will,go in and out from the position as well as up and down.

G

·
0 Posts
New signature for vmystikilv

Current 2002 With all the Bells, Whistles & Toots and a steering wheel that goes in and out 8-0=

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have to admit, I didn't know it went in & out myself - but I'm a noob! ;)

Certainly would have helped with the dash screws last week!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mr. Range Rover said:
New signature for vmystikilv

Current 2002 With all the Bells, Whistles & Toots and a steering wheel that goes in and out 8-0=
OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that post and the one about the audio amplifier where he verified the kind he had are the two funniest post i have ever read

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,425 Posts
vmystikilv said:
OMG, I just went outside and did it....

15 years of driving p38 range rovers and I just learned the the [email protected]# [email protected]/\/\ steering wheel comes in and out...... :shock:
Don't you blokes read the owner's handbooks when you buy a car? `)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Um no. I prefer the touch and guess whats happening method. Much more fun. But serious, my classic steering wheel didnt move an inch anywhere, not even a micro. So when i got my first p38 I was just happy the bastid went up and down....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts