RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking the driver door panel off to replace the peeling window control switch trim. There was one last clip in the middle of the panel that just wouldn't come off. It finally came undone, but I pulled a little too hard and the hooks on the inner door handle taht grab onto the cable to open the door broke off. I have tried apoxying the hooks back onto the door handle, but I don't think it's going to last. I think I found the part number, FRH000030, but does anyone know where the best place to get this replacement piece is?

Also, has anyone else ever dealt with this before? I looked through the threads but couldn't find anything.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Oh huh. I did this on my passenger front door with my 05.

I went to the local yard and being close to Chicago they have 3-4 L322s laying around a time. Bought a new door panel for $50 or so and whoopty-doo I've got a working door.

Maybe see if you can swap over the latch mechanism from a junk panel.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight! I'll have to go check out some local yards. I was able to figure out how to remove just the inner handle latch mechanism, so it'll be an easy fix once I find a replacement.

To help anyone out in the future, once the door panel is removed, then you can remove the door pull surround (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5YV4XxsxO0) to access the black plastic pin that holds just the inner handle latch in. Use a screw driver to pop the pin out from the bottom, and then the handle will easily slide out. Then you just reverse the steps to put it all back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts