Range Rovers Forum banner

Drive with no power in the start

765 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Dani.Romio 
#1 ·
Hi guys again
I have p38 2000 model, I have problem starting when the engine is hot, I changed the injector no4 I bought a used one and the problem still, I bought also from eBay (hot start kit) and the manual says, it has for wires 2 blue they should connect one to the signal wire number 1 in the coolant temperature sensor which I don't know where it's located and the other one the ECU, and the 3rd cable is red which it should connect to the 12v ignition and the black one to the ground, all of this I don't know where they located, and the coolant temperature sensor as well.
Also when I start driving the car there is no power and it's so slow even if I press the pedal to the end, but after 4 -5 sec it's drive faster.
When I drive on the way the center lock start locking and unlocking sometimes.
Please help me with some pictures or video if there is a solution with more explanation, I love Range Rover but I don't have any experience in the mechanic.
Many thank in advance.

#2 ·
Talk of hot start kit says diesel but the hot start is just a fiddle to bring the glowplugs on when they shouldn't really be needed. The primary problem is that the timing chain stretches so the timing is out. It needs timing properly which will get what little power the diesel produces back in the short term but ideally you need to change the chain.

#4 ·
Hi guys
Today the electrition came to install the hotfix set, but after installation the car crank but not start and the glowing light and the engine light in the second ingiation not work at all, he said you need to change the computer panel something went wrong with it, is that right and anybody know what I should do?

Please help

#5 ·
You don't need to do anything, the electrician needs to do whatever he needs to do to sort it. He broke it, he can fix it (or pay someone that knows what they are doing to fix it for you). If he removes the hot start fix and puts things back to how they were, then it should all work again. If not, then it is his problem. Where in the world are you, there may be someone local that can help you.

Reactions: Dani.Romio
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.