RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I know this has been addressed before but I couldn't find a post listing solutions. I have replaced the Aux pump, checked the wiring and cleaned the MAF sensor.

I noticed that it pops on after driving aggressively for about 15 minutes. It goes into limp mode for 5-6 minutes then it will clear out for about 15 minutes then pop back up with the check engine light. Once I stop and then drive about 35-40 mph for a day it will clear out the check engine light. But as soon as I get on it again it will pop up again. I read that someone did a software update and it helped them out. If anybody has more info in the please share. Love this car but this REP is killing me!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
67 Posts
In addition to getting the fault codes pulled, I highly recommend performing the Electrical Troubleshooting guide/sticky posted in this forum before purchasing and swapping more parts. The computers in the Range Rover do not react kindly to lower than spec. voltage output from the Alternator. I recently had the Trans. Failsafe Error that was completely caused by the alternator putting out slightly low voltage. Good luck and be sure to post up the results.

·
Registered
703 Posts
A year and vehicle type would help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 08 Range Rover SC. I had to take to the dealership about six months ago because I was getting all kinds of faults, the suspension locked and the terrain selector stopped working. They eventually updated the differential software and that fixed all those issues but they noticed the REP pop up. They said the code was P2601-00 and the Aux Coolant pump needed replacing. So I replaced it and still having the issue. I want to explore all options before I go hand over my boys, my spleen, a couple ribs and vertebrates! Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I know on some '06 and '07 supercharged models, the wiring for the SC aux coolant pump was backwards (mistake from the factory)... so even replacing the pump wouldn't fix the issue. The wiring has to be changed as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering if that would be an issue but mine is an 08. I've checked the wiring but I guess it couldn't hurt to check again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well hello fellow 2008 range rover supercharged owner! I to had that problem about 2 weeks ago with the exact same symptoms as your, but fortunately I had a 12 month warranty with the dealership so I decided to let them figure it out. So the first time I got the message I took it to the dealership and they said the aux cooling pump was bad and that the wire harness about 4 inches back from connecting to the bottom of the cooling pump was chaffed through the insulation and shorting out on its surrounding metal parts causing little intermittent problems throughout the car. They replaced the pump and repaired the wire, but less than 24 hours after picking it up I again got the reduced engine performance after driving it hard to make sure it was fixed. I took it back to the dealership and they found that when they did the previous work they forgot to replace the blown fuse for the pump. Well long story short I have been driving it like crazy for about a week and a half and I am glad to say that problem it fixed. My suggestion is to check the fuse for the pump and also remove the left head light and check that wire harness thoroughly coming of the cooling pump for chaffing or bare wires. Hope this helps and let me know what other problems you have in the future because god knows with these range rovers we need good feedback. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just getting back to this thread after suffering for the past few months. Tripd03 I'll check the wiring and the fuse. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally fix my issue!!!! I originally changed out the pump and noticed the the wiring was shorted out from rubbing against this raised edge. Paid it now mind and changed out the pump and the wiring. I still got the reduced engine performance message. Well I went to the dealer and asked them about the fuse that controls that pump because I had checked the one in the glove box and the rear. Well come to find out there is another fuse box in the engine bay.... Switched on the 10amp fuse and bam off and running like a champ!!!! Hope this helps someone out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well hello fellow 2008 range rover supercharged owner! I to had that problem about 2 weeks ago with the exact same symptoms as your, but fortunately I had a 12 month warranty with the dealership so I decided to let them figure it out. So the first time I got the message I took it to the dealership and they said the aux cooling pump was bad and that the wire harness about 4 inches back from connecting to the bottom of the cooling pump was chaffed through the insulation and shorting out on its surrounding metal parts causing little intermittent problems throughout the car. They replaced the pump and repaired the wire, but less than 24 hours after picking it up I again got the reduced engine performance after driving it hard to make sure it was fixed. I took it back to the dealership and they found that when they did the previous work they forgot to replace the blown fuse for the pump. Well long story short I have been driving it like crazy for about a week and a half and I am glad to say that problem it fixed. My suggestion is to check the fuse for the pump and also remove the left head light and check that wire harness thoroughly coming of the cooling pump for chaffing or bare wires. Hope this helps and let me know what other problems you have in the future because god knows with these range rovers we need good feedback. GOOD LUCK!!

You called it!!! Thanks!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts