RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Good evening everyone, hope everyone had a good and safe Thanksgiving..

So, I tried to tackle this fuel filter change on my rover, and ran into a question.. the top 4 lines were easy to disconnect, and removing the filter from the base was easy, but there is a wire/line on the bottom of the filter that moved but was not coming all the way off, I did not want to push to hard and break anything, any advice? And does the knob on the bottom of the new filter need to be turned before insulation? I could not find any pics/videos out there. Thanks in advance..

2016 range rover sport HSE TD6

Registered
I was in the same boat as you on this. From looking at the diagram in the service manual, it would seem that the clip on the bottom of the filter is supposed to just pop off but I was skeptical and it seemed like something I was going to break. My plan b was to unscrew the filter from its location, which worked out except for spilling a decent amount of diesel on the floor. If you go that route, make sure you have a wide enough pan to catch everything. And If you're like me, I always manage a spill so I would suggest having some kitty litter at the ready just in case. It seemed to work fairly well at soaking it up.

For the black knob at the bottom of the new filter...it looked to me like it was just a cap to keep out contaminants but I could be missing something. I just removed the cap, screwed the new filter into the clip, reattached to the bracket, and plugged the lines back in. Then I spent the next two days checking for leaks like a crazy person. It's been a few thousand miles now so I feel like I'm in the clear. 馃槵

Hope that helps!

Registered
Thank you, yes just like you im sure I'll be checking for leaks for several days, I'll post some pics for others if I get this done over the weekend..

Registered
I have replaced the fuel filter in the last service which is very straightforward but draining it seems hard without taking it all apart again.
Does anyone know how to disconnect and reconnect the sensor at the bottom of the drain.
Thanks in advance

Registered
I have replaced the fuel filter in the last service which is very straightforward but draining it seems hard without taking it all apart again.
Does anyone know how to disconnect and reconnect the sensor at the bottom of the drain.
Thanks in advance
If no one else answers I'l try to let you know over the weekend as I'l be messing with my fuel fter..

21 - 28 of 28 Posts